Strange aircon problem

AudiLeon

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Odd problem, twice now my fans have gone on and off. Work fine then go off. Make like a farting noise.

Any ideas?

Took the fan out today, alot easier than i thought it'd be!
I found the farting noise is the fan vibrating its self to death!

see my central unit randomly resets itself. only does it maybe once every month, but ill be driving a long just cruising and it will just power down and power up again.

see my central unit randomly resets itself. only does it maybe once every month, but ill be driving a long just cruising and it will just power down and power up again.

Mine does that. Used to do it on my saloon too. Usually blows warm when it shouldn't just before it does it.

Ah the control unit never does anything odd. You can see it says the fans are on full and the fans are stopped or just grumbling. When i got the fan out and powered it up. It was just going back and forth.

Mine does that. Used to do it on my saloon too. Usually blows warm when it shouldn't just before it does it.
fair enough i thought its just a quirk of the programming probably an infinite loop somewhere

My fans make a noise like a jet plane engine shutting down when i turn my car off, is this normal?

Random question, how cold is your aircon?
Been using mine all weekend and does not seem cold enough.. do you think i need a regas?

Random question, how cold is your aircon?
Been using mine all weekend and does not seem cold enough.. do you think i need a regas?

Does yours go as low as 18 or 16 C ?

If it's 18, try it on LO and set the fan manually - the B6's don't have a very good aircon set up in that it doesn't blow 'that' cold on 18, needing to be reduced to LO to really chill the air. If it's not blowing that cold on LO then it's probably worth getting the system pressure checked to make sure you have enough gas.