Strange adjuster on back of washer stalk?

Nessy

VW + Audi mad
Reaction score
So I’m getting used to my 2018 model TDI Sportback.
On the back of the windscreen wiper stalk facing the dashboard (not the adjuster on the front face which adjusts the intermittent interval) there’s a knurled adjuster that rotates.
I thought it might adjust the interval between rear wipes but it doesn’t appear to do anything?
The handbook doesn’t mention it , does anyone know what it does?
Thanks!

Is that not just the rear part of the front wiper intermittent adjustment knob/switch/wheel? No doubt the rear part of the knob will move along with the front part.

Reactions: Nessy
Thanks, you’re quite right and I feel rather stupid now!
I had only noticed it whilst driving in awful rain this afternoon and in my defence it wasn’t the best time to be closely examining the wiper stalk!

No drama Nessy I hope you're enjoying your 8V :icon thumright:
I love it, but rather disappointed at some of the apparent cost-cutting.
My 8P had puddle lights as well as illuminated red marker lights on all 4 doors.
As my 8V has the full LED interior lighting pack I was impressed with everything including the illuminated sill kick plates.
Then I discovered the red things on the doors are just reflectors!
Hopefully in time I’ll be able to add red markers on the doors ( am guessing they can just be fed via the puddle light supply) but what were Audi thinking of?

My 8P had puddle lights as well as illuminated red marker lights on all 4 doors.
As my 8V has the full LED interior lighting pack I was impressed with everything including the illuminated sill kick plates.
Hopefully in time I’ll be able to add red markers on the doors ( am guessing they can just be fed via the puddle light supply) but what were Audi thinking of?
There are kits for the red warning markers on AliExpress, but you can tap into the puddle lights also as this is what I did

Thanks I’ll take a look.
I hate the lack of red marker lights on my doors as they currently stand!
The earlier 8Vs (mine's a 2013) had lights, and then I think they changed to reflectors at some point, so you might be able to get genuine lights second hand from eBay or wherever. Obviously there's then still the wiring to sort.

The infotainment system in my 2010 8P Black Edition would read aloud incoming SMS messages. Really disappointed that the 8V S-Line I have at the moment does not.

The infotainment system in my 2010 8P Black Edition would read aloud incoming SMS messages. Really disappointed that the 8V S-Line I have at the moment does not.
You need to have come from an older car to the 8V! I'm still impressed mine connects to my phone at all, even for calls! It's the only car I've had with bluetooth!! And love the way that it pulls contacts from my phone to create sat nav destinations.

My 2016 Sline has the red lights on the doors and heated seats but I think Audi started removing that stuff in 2017'ish :(

Didn't know they were removing the red warning lights lol wtf how much does that save them :crying:

Mine doesn’t do SMS messages, but I thought that was due to my device being an iPhone?
I remember a friend having a 2010 A5 and that could receive text messages, don’t say they’ve cut the functionality in the 8V?
Having said that, the lack of text messages in the 8V doesn’t bother me in the slightest :laughing:.
My 2016 Sline has the red lights on the doors and heated seats but I think Audi started removing that stuff in 2017'ish :(

Didn't know they were removing the red warning lights lol wtf how much does that save them :crying:
I couldn’t believe the red things on the doors were only reflectors at first!
Have bought some red lights and looms now though , they look easy enough to fit as the they just piggy-back onto the puddle light supply.
Am fortunate that mine was specced with heated seats, although the heat is nowhere near as ferocious as that produced by the pre-facelift 8P seats.

The 8V does receive text messages when connected on bluetooth but I dont think it can read them out (not that I've tried).

The 8V does receive text messages when connected on bluetooth but I dont think it can read them out (not that I've tried).
I don’t see any text messages on my MMI , could it be due to my ancient iPhone SE?
My 8V has the Virtual Cockpit & Technology Pack so would’ve thought I’d be able to see them if the capability was there?