Storage Pack

Bristle Hound

Staff member
Reaction score
This question is aimed as those of us that have the storage pack option fitted to our cars

Do any of you really use the storage compartment's under the front seats?
Only big enough for a memory card IMO lol

Direct lift from the A4/S4 brochure
'Storage package
Comprises storage nets on front seat back-rests, storage compartment under the
front seats (if memory function is fitted, only under the front passenger seat), drinks holder in the
rear centre armrest and a lockable glove compartment'

No - but I don't keep much in my car anyway.
IIRC there's one under my drivers seat even though I do have the memory function.

Like @Dippy says, mine has a storage place under the driver's seat as well as the passenger seat, despite having memory function. I don't use either of them.

I do use the seat backrest luggage nets.

I don't allow drinks in the car, so the drinks holder doesn't get used.

I can't recall ever having locked the glovebox.

Mine doesn't have the storage pack, my B6 does though and I used to keep bits and bobs under the seats.

My b6 had the ski bag in the rear arm rest which I thought was part of the storage pack on that? Thinking now I could be wrong and it's a different option?

I spec'ed this on my car mostly for the nets on the backs of the seats & lockable glove box

I've spec'd this option on all my A4s, basically just for the rear armrest cup holder to keep my son happy!
The lockable glove box is very useful but like some many other things should be standard.
Only ever use the under seat storage once for house keys

To be honest when I bought my A4 I didnt even think that it wouldnt have rear cup holders, how is that not standard, shame on them for that

Use the seat back nets occasionally and the lockable glove box will get used at some point, but the under seat storage is laughable.

I would pay extra for a secret compartment for sure, but nets and rear cup holders should be standard! This car cost me $50k lol

Different spec here. My car has rear cup holders in the centre fold down but no nets and no under seat locker. Glovebox is lockable. No drinks in the car jdp? go on..... I bet you sneak a coffee in when no ones around.

Reactions: jdp1962
I'd have liked the lockable glove box and the rear cup-holders. I'm assuming that a retrofit for the glovebox would be rather pricey? Has anyone any idea if the rear cupholder/armrest is easy to do retrofit?

I have everything apart from the under seat storage which I really wish I had as I used it in my B6 all the time.

Rear cupholders can't be that hard to retrofit, there is probably a blank in as standard. I can't think the lockable glove box is that bad either although it will be the cost of a key barrel, and you may end up with a 2nd key just for the glovebox.

Yeah was trying to avoid having a second key, and I don't imagine a glove box lid and suited key-barrel being cheap!

From what I've read, the rear cup holders require a whole new armrest. I was hoping it would be a case of removing a blank and fitting the mechanism (which appears to be readily available). Are the B8 rests unique or would a VW unit (Golf/Jetta/Passat) unit fit?

Like @Keef - I also ticked the box for the rear cup holders - the thought of a drink with 'no where to for it to go' for my little one terrified me!!
I actually keep forgetting about the storage under my seats!!

I have everything apart from the under seat storage which I really wish I had as I used it in my B6 all the time.

Rear cupholders can't be that hard to retrofit, there is probably a blank in as standard. I can't think the lockable glove box is that bad either although it will be the cost of a key barrel, and you may end up with a 2nd key just for the glovebox.

I'll add that I did buy and fit underseat storage drawers and quite honestly, apart from making a small space useful, I'd forget them, they are small! My wife's previous Polo came with them as new, she hated them as I filled them with copies of some of her favourite CDs - she claimed she could not access them unless she was kneeling beside the car, I also found that the drawers would jam, though the Audi B8 A4 ones do just rotate so not so much of an issue. I'd also like to fit them to wife's new Polo, but she is showing no interest at all as she has "been there done that" - oh bother! I retro fitted seat back nets to wife's Fiesta 1.6si - that was easy as the seat back was "hard/firm" - I might not bother with the S4 seat backs though. As for rear drinks holders, other than my wife, "if you are in my S4 you are not eating/drinking" - you can do that in wife's Polo!

I think that it is only scrunched up hi-vis vests that fit in there, and disposable gloves.

Locking glovebox in this age of strange non-key ignition keys etc, for anyone that specified "storage pack", how do you use the glovebox lock, if the answer is "extract the key section from the normal key and drop the important bit on the ground in the dark - and use key and return something to your pocket" - hum, I'll give it a miss, a second "normal basic key" is what I'd want for that lock - and don't even consider suggesting "leave the plastic key in the armrest storage bin for convenience - and just use that, simple!"