Storage Pack query

Riko0073

Reaction score
Hi guys

Just finalising my options for the S4 Avant and although the storage pack seems like a good cheap option I've got a few queries...

1. Does anyone have a photo of the rear sill guard? Never been a fan of these and not sure how visible it is on the car?
2. I'm not that worried about the rear seat storage nets (just seem to accumulate sweet wrappers from the kids!) and the extra front storage compartment as I hate things moving around so keep items inside the car to a minimum. However I'm more concerned with the hook and nets in the boot, are there any as standard or simply nothing?
3. Finally, the rear centre armrest is standard I'm sure but does this have any storage space inside/lid etc? Obviously minus the cup holders if I don't go with storage pack.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
Haha, I've already decided...no storage pack based on some of my reasons above but also the dogs will be in the boot so the netting will be redundant...or chewed!!

I have however upgraded to the carbon inlays, should really make the interior look great

Hi guys

Just finalising my options for the S4 Avant and although the storage pack seems like a good cheap option I've got a few queries...

1. Does anyone have a photo of the rear sill guard? Never been a fan of these and not sure how visible it is on the car?
2. I'm not that worried about the rear seat storage nets (just seem to accumulate sweet wrappers from the kids!) and the extra front storage compartment as I hate things moving around so keep items inside the car to a minimum. However I'm more concerned with the hook and nets in the boot, are there any as standard or simply nothing?
3. Finally, the rear centre armrest is standard I'm sure but does this have any storage space inside/lid etc? Obviously minus the cup holders if I don't go with storage pack.

Thanks for any help.

1 & 2. Rear sill guard is standard on S4 so is the rear net and some hooks on the sides pic:
y4mlMUV-QPWsfRA6TEX42QVds5fbBTBI8VP_IIDQia4DeDJiUchtUm28zjPIhyucaz0zoE_A2fQUvRSDHTd2OKlLScJPoagNEk9wvLheWTEbfM0QLBVr5xC71JIECs1JGTh9jhaZBeoQt-WudXia1jyS1A650eX7RW2z4PSAdBGFXl5TordUB8aLLhpFTe8yab0RtlLNIM4Mslv6Jlgx1F6MQ

What I would say is the sill guard is slightly annoying without the boot cover in place if you have a dog as it reflects onto the rear window.
There are storage bins in each rear door, so plenty of room for sweet wrappers.
3. Centre armrest is just that, no storage, no cup holders. But normally with the storage you can barely fit a pack of tictacs in their so not that worth it.

So all in all good choice not to tick it me thinks :)

Reactions: Riko0073
Oh, if you've got dogs, then well worth a boot protector. With hatchbag you lose the rear net ability, so I asked them to customize mine:
y4mQBjjEDOY3--__1cRra3cycUhVKNHcS-8KCGI0A4nz3WBzJ6mk9m8-rgRaO8v40R3HbbokwYepkHD8fVbpKgJmcpfJNKLP_ZkHlDfnI21YKOw8zL9i6iSj3B94uzZvbs6JaLQqXq9J81uGx-1kWhx4sq87Tv8LVSBZH_WtpYhIYrwscCF95QuAtnPZTFPr5B6OInMoirrKreP-RTcWLr9Yw

I do wish I'd have asked them to add a pocket in both the left and right alcoves rather than just the right, but the right one does hold:
1) Metal Dog Bowl
2) Extender Lead
3) Normal Lead
4) 1.75L Water bottle
5) Harness
6) Treats
7) Dog poo bags

The storage pack gives an extra area of storage under the headlights switch. It is very useful...

1 & 2. Rear sill guard is standard on S4 so is the rear net and some hooks on the sides pic:
y4mlMUV-QPWsfRA6TEX42QVds5fbBTBI8VP_IIDQia4DeDJiUchtUm28zjPIhyucaz0zoE_A2fQUvRSDHTd2OKlLScJPoagNEk9wvLheWTEbfM0QLBVr5xC71JIECs1JGTh9jhaZBeoQt-WudXia1jyS1A650eX7RW2z4PSAdBGFXl5TordUB8aLLhpFTe8yab0RtlLNIM4Mslv6Jlgx1F6MQ

What I would say is the sill guard is slightly annoying without the boot cover in place if you have a dog as it reflects onto the rear window.
There are storage bins in each rear door, so plenty of room for sweet wrappers.
3. Centre armrest is just that, no storage, no cup holders. But normally with the storage you can barely fit a pack of tictacs in their so not that worth it.

So all in all good choice not to tick it me thinks :)
Great, thanks a lot for the reply, confirms my thoughts

Oh, if you've got dogs, then well worth a boot protector. With hatchbag you lose the rear net ability, so I asked them to customize mine:
y4mQBjjEDOY3--__1cRra3cycUhVKNHcS-8KCGI0A4nz3WBzJ6mk9m8-rgRaO8v40R3HbbokwYepkHD8fVbpKgJmcpfJNKLP_ZkHlDfnI21YKOw8zL9i6iSj3B94uzZvbs6JaLQqXq9J81uGx-1kWhx4sq87Tv8LVSBZH_WtpYhIYrwscCF95QuAtnPZTFPr5B6OInMoirrKreP-RTcWLr9Yw

I do wish I'd have asked them to add a pocket in both the left and right alcoves rather than just the right, but the right one does hold:
1) Metal Dog Bowl
2) Extender Lead
3) Normal Lead
4) 1.75L Water bottle
5) Harness
6) Treats
7) Dog poo bags
That's great, I'll definitely get myself one of those

Thanks, glove box and arm rest enough space for me
Fair enough but you can move the handbook wallet in there and then place your sunglasses on top. Instead of them rattling around anywhere else.

Fair enough but you can move the handbook wallet in there and then place your sunglasses on top. Instead of them rattling around anywhere else.

Is there a hint of sarcasm in your comments? :D
Who actually keeps the handbook wallet in the car?

My rear armrest has cup holders and the top lifts up for storage. Not that you can store much in it!

Is there a hint of sarcasm in your comments? :D
Who actually keeps the handbook wallet in the car?
No I think you are reading something into nothing, :) I always keep my manual in the car. I woukd have thought anyone would think in the event of some crisis it would be useful seeing as the majority can't be bothered to actually read one.....

Reactions: TripleD
No I think you are reading something into nothing, :) I always keep my manual in the car. I woukd have thought anyone would think in the event of some crisis it would be useful seeing as the majority can't be bothered to actually read one.....

Of course, essential to be present IN the car ALL the time.

Reactions: cuke2u