Storage pack & boot power socket

alFR

Reaction score
Could someone without the storage pack on their A4 Avant tell me if there is a power socket in the boot or not? In the configurator it says you need the storage pack to get that, but the Avant I saw at the dealers had a socket in the boot but no storage pack (no nets on the back of the seats and no storage compartment under the light control at the driver's side). Thanks!

Reactions: iambu
Just got SE Avant today without storage pack and can confirm no 12V in boot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll check mine in a bit, just arrived

I have no nets on back of seats and I didn't order a storage pack... I do however have a 12v in the compartment at the right hand side of boot

Reactions: iambu
Thanks! Gaz, yours sounds like the Avant I saw: not sure what's happening with timj's car though. :shrug:

Possibly standard on Sport/ S line models?
I'm hoping wiring loom for 12v socket is behind panel on right just need to add socket.

It's quite hard to see, behind the netting and almost facing back inside the car. Either that or it's another pack I got which has it... towbar maybe.

Just checked car again have 12v socket in boot :) thanks Gaz. Was looking for socket in same location as previous B8 Avant.

Reactions: scotty76 and iambu
If you don't have the storage pack, do you have netting in the boot?
The s-line I looked at in the dealer DID have boot nets and 12v in boot. But nothing on the back of the seats and no cup holders.

But confused as to what the storage pack will actually give me over the standard avant s-line spec.

Based on the above / what I've seen, for the Avant it seems to add:
  • Lockable glove box
  • Storage compartment on the driver's side under the light controls
  • Nets on the back of the front seats
Currently debating whether to add it or not... Would like the lockable glove box but not sure if overall it's worth it or not. I guess it's not very costly in the great scheme of things, so if in doubt I'll probably add it. ;)

Plus cup holders in the rear arm rest I believe (hope!).

And the stainless steel load protector for the top of the rear bumper. (Avant only)

This was the main reason I ordered it as that area gets easily scratched.

Thanks for the additional info, looks like it's worthwhile then.