Stopping pigeons pooing on car

Joetidman

Reaction score
So having moved to a lovely new house recently with a large tree in the front garden, the only down side is the near constant amount of pigeon s*^t on my two Audi’s every week. Sometimes almost immediately after hosing it off, they defecate all over it again and it’s driving me crazy. Cutting down the tree and shooting them with a pellet gun are not viable options. It’s a tall tree (100 foot maybe) so hard to get up as high as they are sitting.

I’ve heard that car covers can do damage themselves as well as being impractical on a daily basis, so wondering what other options I have? I’ve seen some sonic scarers on the internet but not sure how well they work in practice? Anyone else have this problem?

So sick of wiping massive amounts of poo off my car it’s untrue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try feeding them. They don’t sh1t where they eat or at least that’s what I’m told:welcoming:
I have those sonic scarers to deter cats from doing their business on my lawn and it seems to work with cats. Might be worth a shot.

Reactions: Joetidman
Car port? Permanent or temporary one. Also helps with car cleaning!

Reactions: Joetidman
Try those wind flying eagle/hawk imitations on a string. Looks like a real one as its floating in the air.
That might do

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Fatbloke and Joetidman
So having moved to a lovely new house recently with a large tree in the front garden, the only down side is the near constant amount of pigeon s*^t on my two Audi’s every week. Sometimes almost immediately after hosing it off, they defecate all over it again and it’s driving me crazy. Cutting down the tree and shooting them with a pellet gun are not viable options. It’s a tall tree (100 foot maybe) so hard to get up as high as they are sitting.

I’ve heard that car covers can do damage themselves as well as being impractical on a daily basis, so wondering what other options I have? I’ve seen some sonic scarers on the internet but not sure how well they work in practice? Anyone else have this problem?

So sick of wiping massive amounts of poo off my car it’s untrue

Bird S*** is just the worst, isn't it. Growing up our driveway was under Sycamore trees. So not only was there copious amounts of Bird droppings over the cars every day, but from Spring to Autumn there was a covering of sticky sap too. Did my head in.

I'd never buy a house that had a tree over the driveway. Might look nice, but you have bird droppings to think about, and falling branches during strong winds.

Too late for that now!! I have a garage which I was intending to get renovated and slightly widened with an electric roller door. That investment might come forward now and at least one of my cars will be protected

I’m interested in whether that works, I saw it too but wasn’t sure if would really work

We live in a dormer bungalow and sometimes get woken up by them scratching around on the roof. I ordered it in the summer but they were awaiting stock. I placed it in the garden to try it out before I figured out where and how to put it on the roof.

At the moment I am not convinced as a) when it arrived I turned it on and I could hear the sound and b) took it outside when there was a pigeon on a neighbours fence, turned it on and the thing did not budge.

Only time will tell.. as I say we have cat sonic repellents, I can hear a sound off them and they work and I must admit that I have not seen any pigeons in the garden since.

Upload 2018 10 8 13 49 2

These tried for years to stop the Pigeon, without success. You're screwed !!

Reactions: AlS3BE, Fatbloke, Rcord and 2 others