Stop the clock...Start the thread-My baby is home

Final upgrade for my RNS-E today, adding bluetooth music streaming from the phone. I bought a gadget from Ebay that plugs into the back of the radio, advertised for concert/chorus/symphony radio's...

This won't work as it is because it only has three wires (L.ch. audio + R.ch. audio + audio ground) going into the CD connection at the back of the stereo and that doesn't replicate a CD changer so the stereo won't recognise it. Luckily I didn't need to worry about that as I wanted to splice the audio wires into my 'AUX IN' connector and also took the power and earth from the same wires going to the USB charging socket...
IMG 20211119 120506

That pretty much brings the RNS-E up to the present day, it has sat nav, phone, cd, 64gb sd card mp3 music, AUX in and music streaming as well now.

I'm trying to convince myself to start writing the advert and get it up for sale by the end of the month but because there's no pressure to sell, I seem to be taking my time so I must find it's replacement and maybe that will spur me on.

Reactions: Ian W and hydro s3
I would normally say around this time of year is a tough time to sell but I bought mine in December last year and 8L S3's are doing strong money at the moment so always worth a try...

Reactions: tcg
Any time is a tough time for me, I only usually sell my cars when they die or become too expensive to justify the work needed and I bought my S3 in February 2016 when it was snowing and got shafted on the aircon :huh:
I have no idea of value with these cars, the prices vary so much...it needs to go, it's wasted sitting in my garage, it needs to be ragged on a regular basis...it's got a random squeak from the o/s/r wheel when I drive out of my garage so I got my mechanic to check it when it had it's service and he said everything was fine...bearings brakes, etc. He told me I need to use it more...that's the problem :blush:

I think you’d regret selling it, for what they’re worth… majority of people that buy them don’t wanna pay decent money and get the cheapest buckets of **** like I did book a few track days with it next year you’ll love it and gives the car some purpose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I’d have to agree with Brad mate. Maybe hang on to it a little longer. Do a couple track days, enjoy it, stretch the cars legs. Make the most of it while you have it I can only see these cars going up in value. Yes granted you see some sell for £2000-£3000 but they are the worst. You’d end up spending that on them fixing them. A well documented example like yours would be worth good money.

Reactions: tcg and Brad1011
It's got to go...I've taken it as far as I want to, it needs someone to take it on, tidy up the paint and maybe uprate the suspension...I can't justify doing that on 20 miles a week and with my level of driving, a track day would most likely end up as a scrap day.

I'm taking it out today for my weekly care home trip and a blast round the Oxford ring road, stuck in traffic most likely. When I sell it, it will come with a spare set of original alloys and spare mirrors and I can finally get rid of my vcds laptop with it.

Finally getting round to giving my S3 a deep clean ready to take some pictures for the advert. I bought some T-cut 3 in 1 black polish to tone down the scratches, etc.

IMG 20220401 161341

Hope to get it up for sale in the next couple of weeks...famous last words :huh:

Reactions: IPG and hydro s3
It’s still a very tidy example mate, be a shame to see it go but I understand why. I’d really like to hopefully see more S3’s at AITP this year, if it goes ahead of course. Sooooo if you can just hang on until august hehe

Reactions: IPG and tcg
Cheers mate, the polish certainly helps, it has really toned down the scrape I put on the rear bumper and added a nice shine to the car...
IMG 20220401 160711

I took it for a blast round the Oxford ring road yesterday and never got above 60 mph, shocking...it's just wasted being with me, it needs to be with someone who can drive it how it should be driven...or turn it into a monster like you've done with yours :yes:

Reactions: IPG
I keep forgetting your around Oxford!! We will have to meet up sometime! Maybe seeing my car in person will give you some inspiration it’s a slippery slope once you start though haha.

Joking aside be good to finally meet up before you part ways with the car!

Im looking at maybe getting a few peeps together to go to caffeine and machine later this month.

Reactions: s3mad_dude, Sandra and tcg
Oooh I’ve never been to caffeine and machine. My S3 has just been taxed for the summer so any excuse to give it a nice long drive!! Count me in please, if it goes ahead!

Well the time has come, I've bitten the bullet and put my baby up for adoption...let's see if anyone fancies a ticket on the S3 8L thrill ride.

Reactions: Sandra
Out in my S3 on Thursday and had the dreaded 'clutch pedal to the floor'...no gears available. Spent three hours waiting for the RAC to find out it was the clutch master cylinder that had failed, so got it to my mechanic to fix...felt a bit bad as I was the third person that day to leave a broken car with him!

It's going to be off the road for a while until he gets the time to do it...I've decided to use the time accordingly and treat it as a trial separation, so if my S3 and me can cope being apart, then a divorce is the definitely right choice.

That's it guys...watched my S3 disappear into the night with the new happy owner.

Thanks for all the help during the ride and good luck to you all.

Reactions: hydro s3, Ian W, Rainbird and 3 others
Still dropping in every now and then, to check up on you guys...I may as well let you see my 'new baby'...

IMG 20220925 110118
IMG 20220925 110143
IMG 20220925 110158
IMG 20221002 104750

IMG 20221002 104830

Picked it up from a performance dealership in Newport a couple of weeks ago, a PX they didn't want.
10 previous owners
2006 Fiesta ST150 2.0L
84,500 miles
FSH
Auto lights/wipers/folding mirrors
Heated windscreen
Climate
Full leather-Heated front seats
Bluetooth with voice control which does the radio, phone and climate...quality retro.
Manual sunroof, super rare and retro

I found a couple of previous owners on the ST forum and one guy had it for six years and completely modded it with remap, exhaust, cams. throttle body, intake, suspension, brakes, etc. then it has been taken back to standard, apart from the rear diffuser, by a recent owner. It's had new brakes, discs, standard exhaust, suspension, etc.

It's crazy, but I really wanted a standard one so a bit of luck finding it.

Keep the faith guys.

Reactions: ADs3, IPG, S3AMJ and 3 others
@tcg love the car. Hope you enjoy it as much as the Audi. :friends:

love the car. Hope you enjoy it as much as the Audi.
Thanks Sandra, it's more suited to my current driving habits.

I also managed to find an enthusiast to buy my S3 so that will be looked after too.

All the best :friends:

Reactions: Sandra
Cool, now the money pit has gone, you'll be able to buy that summer cottage on the Sandbanks

Reactions: IPG and tcg