Stop start in S Tronic

vimy

Reaction score
Gonna be swapping my manual A3 for an S Tronic come end of the year. I was wondering will on S Tronic does the engine stop when foot brake is pressed while still in drive?

The S/S functions when the brake pedal is pressed firmly (*condition apply). If light application on the brake pedal, it rides on the clutch ready for the off. The S/S works very well with no snatch engagements or surges with the S tronic

If you apply the EPB whilst in an engine stop condition, you can take your foot off the brake and it will remain in a stop condition until you very gently tap the go pedal.

Needles to say, there are tonnes of posts about this and the search button DOES actually work !!!!

Reactions: vimy, veeeight and Pulp84
It becomes a little more complicated with Hold Assist switched on. I've found the best technique is to tap the accelerator (lightly) once to start the engine, and then once again to begin creeping forward.

If you just press the accelerator then you'll find the car will jump forward and it won't be smooth.

These comments apply to 7-speed S tronic, 6-speed may be smoother.

Reactions: glospete and vimy
...... That FAQ thread is calling ;)

As is a more prominent search box ;)

Reactions: The Challinor and vimy
Thanks for the comments guys, I haven't got hold assist so I guess it won't be too complicated.

Needles to say, there are tonnes of posts about this and the search button DOES actually work !!!!
My bad, will do for next time!