1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Stop start fault?!?

Dan ormondroyd Sep 6, 2020

1. Dan ormondroyd

Dan ormondroyd Registered User

Just had a new battery put in and now it says stop start fault function unavailable anyone know why this could be new battery was fitted today ?

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Flying Scotsman

Flying Scotsman Registered User

Count it as a blessing.......It sounds like battery was not coded...who installed it?

4. Booti

Booti Registered User

As above, has the battery been coded to the car?
    Have they fitted the correct spec battery as well?

5. Dan ormondroyd

Dan ormondroyd Registered User

Kwik fit did it and when I put my reg in online this was the battery that come up but the guy fitted it in about 5 minutes then just said it was done didn’t do anything else

6. Flying Scotsman

Flying Scotsman Registered User

Kwik Fit are pretty useless when it comes to electronics and I seriously doubt they coded the battery........I had a rental car that came up with the dreaded engine fault issue and they did not even have the correct OBD equipment for Mercedes.
    You may have to go to a good Indie or the dealer.

7. steverobertsbbc

steverobertsbbc Registered User

It should come good after half an hour of driving. Same when I replaced my battery a few weeks ago. Initially loads of warnings about things like suspension etc, which all came good after a few seconds of driving. Stop/Start took about half an hour and then it was back online again and it has been absolutely fine ever since. In fact, it activates after about a minute of driving now!

8. Fatbloke

Fatbloke Registered User

May just need to drive it until it is fully charged.