STOP - Check Coolant

Navajo

Reaction score
Quick question please, my A3 is moaning at me about it not having enough coolant, checked the thingy under the bonnet and it's literally just under minimum.

Okay to drive as normal for a week or two?

Uh surely its obvious what to do

Well I have coolant in the house which I'm going to in 2 or 3 weeks time... so I couldn't be bothered to go buy some if it's not needed.

Jusu top it to the max with water out of the tap, no need to use inhibitor when topping up such a small amount ;)

Uh surely its obvious what to do

Nige, Navajo is the forum "joker" (remove the "r" for his real title) on the Corsa forum

Just ignore him, he's Welsh, bored and wants some attention

Jon, just fill it up you div

let it run out .........and then you'll know if it was worth spending around £8 on a top up.....or worth waiting till you got home!

Reactions: Kclouden
fill it up it could be an expensive skimp on a little bit of water how much are new heads nowadays i recon the best part of a grand a a half maybe even more is it really worth taking the chance for a pint of water

Jon's previous car was a Golf....he clearly isn't ready for the step up to Audi! :laugh:

He clearly can't be very bright if he was on a Corsa forum with a Golf! :p

Perhaps just pee into the coolant, since it's warm it'll work as anti-freeze as regular water will get cold and freeze over.

Fill it up then if you still get problems change the coolant tank, the sensors are known to play up especially in cold weather. They become corroded.

£13 from main dealer and don't even need to do a coolant change if you are careful.

You could've left it at that. :whistle2:

haha...I'll let you take the brunt of that statement. I'm sure there are many users here who used to have corsa's...myself included. Mine was a 1L purple beauty! As standard as the day she was made, in performance, looks and satisfaction. Great first car, but loved getting rid of it.

imgres

haha...I'll let you take the brunt of that statement. I'm sure there are many users here who used to have corsa's

I'm sure I'll be fine, they probably can't find the reply button.
Haha, I can hardly talk, I owned a vauxhall nova once. It had an SR spoiler and hub caps on it and stick on sunscreens as tints.

thats one brand of car ive never owned before the audi i was a ford man but then i saw the error of my ways lol

:laugh:i started off in a vw derby(if you remember them) then a golf,and 3 audi's and 2golfs lol

i like st's they are lovely looking cars my sisters boyfriend has got the td st such a nice car for the money got to be fair , once the finance is payed off its new car time for me but still two years left of that , i might upgrade to a 2.0tfsi i think or a 170tdi well see whats avail