Stone Chip Repair

Si_S3

Reaction score
Hello peeps

Rather annoyingly got hit by a stone just back from windscreen on the roof whilst on motorway, and it's taken the paint right off to the bear metal.

Anybody have any suggestions or recommendations for repairing?

I've seen these so called repair kits, such as chipsaway and chipex etc. but I'm slightly sceptical, on the other hand I'm reluctant to have a spray job on such a new car...

Any ideas welcome :)

Where you from?

I just happened to pass by our local ding workshop in frampton cotterell (near Bristol).

Said front bumper flat and spray would be £190 all in.

Since yours is the roof though, a little less looked at part of the car I might be inclined with one of those patch up kits.. bit reluctant myself though! hence popping in.

Where you from?

I just happened to pass by our local ding workshop in frampton cotterell (near Bristol).

Said front bumper flat and spray would be £190 all in.

Since yours is the roof though, a little less looked at part of the car I might be inclined with one of those patch up kits.. bit reluctant myself though! hence popping in.

I'm in Leeds area. Not too bothered about cost of spray, but concerned about it being obvious i.e. the blend.

Was hoping someone might have a positive experience with the patch up stuff

I'm in Leeds area. Not too bothered about cost of spray, but concerned about it being obvious i.e. the blend.

Was hoping someone might have a positive experience with the patch up stuff

Might be worth sending a PM to @Craig Cull as he's based in Leeds and I believe is/was a professional sprayer so may have some suggestions.

Reactions: Craig Cull
Ok - will check it out. Cheers
Cheers for the recommendation @scotty76

Feel free to come see me and we can have a chat if you wish? It's always good to clear a few concerns up in person. But blending and colour matching isn't a problem. :)

Reactions: scotty76
I'm in Barwick in Elmet for the next couple of weeks but then we're moving to hunslet to our new unit mate.
Will you be in Barwick next week (w/c 4th may)? I'm off work all week, so could pop by as not far from me.

Will you be in Barwick next week (w/c 4th may)? I'm off work all week, so could pop by as not far from me.
I can be mate, although you can also find me at our unit in hunslet which is the new site. You can find me there in normal working hours, where as I may only be in barwick on evenings.
Give me a call or text if it's easier 07715407915

I can be mate, although you can also find me at our unit in hunslet which is the new site. You can find me there in normal working hours, where as I may only be in barwick on evenings.
Give me a call or text if it's easier 07715407915
Ok - will do. Cheers