STOLEN - White Audi A3 Sport this morning Leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done lad. :o.k:

It begs the question; how do these guys find the target car? I wonder if they have a paid man on the security firm that monitors CCTV?

Nice stakeout Pyrocam!

Its people like that, that make me feel embarrassed to be Asian!
There's good & bad in all colours & cultures! all you can do is keep on setting a decent example for those you can influence.

Last edited:
There's good & bad in all colours & cultures! all you can do is keep on setting a decent example for those you can influence.

Amen to that!

Jeez that's a lucky escape! thought it would've been safe parked between an SLK and M3 but I guess there isn't as big a market for parts as the A3's. Hope they get charged!

I guess with the increase of thefts this will also raise the price of insurance on A3/S3's.
Is it only a matter of time before insurance companies only insure A3/S3's with a tracker?
Whats interesting is how fast these criminals are alerted by these specific vehicles and the manner in which they are stolen...
I thought new cars cannot be driven without the keys?

I guess with the increase of thefts this will also raise the price of insurance on A3/S3's.
Is it only a matter of time before insurance companies only insure A3/S3's with a tracker?
Whats interesting is how fast these criminals are alerted by these specific vehicles and the manner in which they are stolen...
I thought new cars cannot be driven without the keys?

Well people put them onto brake down trucks to nick them these days thats really the only way. if you put your full lock on which ever way when you park up your car then it will be harder to get onto the brake down truck to nick it, always leave it in gear and obviously put your handbrake on :p
, the insurance may eventually go up due to idiots nicking them :mad:
It is funny you should say "is it only a matter of time before insurance companies only insure a3/s3's with a tracker"
My mate has just bought a Jaguar xf and the Insurance would not insure him if there were no tracker activated on the Vehicle.
Why is it mostly A3/S3'S being nicked , are they easier to get nicked or something ?

The demand for parts on A3/S3's I guess.
In the case of Pyrocam seems they have some other methods it seems???

Read above.About trackers i would be more than happy to have one if my insurance company provided it saving me some ££££

There is always that risk that by the time you know it's gone it's too late for tracker to be of any use.

A guy in Northampton had an RS4 and an R8 stolen off his drive, both had trackers. Neither were ever recovered so its a bit of a mixed bag as to how valuable the are.

The tracker that came on my first Cupra R (there were 3 levels of system at that point), was only activated when you reported car missing! At least it was fitted free as a dealer benefit!

It's been pruned to keep the thread on track.

Agreed by Mike, myself and forum admin and determined it was best course of action.

It's a forum, not a soap opera!

Last edited:
Nice stakeout Pyrocam!

Its people like that, that make me feel embarrassed to be Asian!

Never be embarrassed mate.

There are people from all walks of life that constantly disappoint and let down others no matter who they are...

Reactions: JaCkPoT
Ok, fair enough. I thought it was an interesting read. Why did my comment get deleted though? I wasn't involved...

Anything that was deemed not to be specifically relevant to OP regardless of who posted it, moderators included.

Audi S3 Theft 7th June 2012 - YouTube
Check out this Video of an Audi S3 being nicked !

That's a pretty worrying thought and shocking footage!! I have been burgled 3 times, luckily I have never been in so have never been threatened. I have since upgraded my alarm so it rings me when it is activated (last time alarm went off and two laptops still got nicked) and I am having the patio doors replaced today with secure laminated glass and extra locking bolts. The front door has had stupid locks put in. However, I have now moved all the spare keys upstairs into my wall safe :thumbsup:

Seeing as you won't let it go,usually we edit and don't bring it back up as it dents members egos but hey you can have this.

Ok, fair enough. I thought it was an interesting read. Why did my comment get deleted though? I wasn't involved...
I removed yours as they were way out of order
A snippet "You're the one who chose to park in a unsecure car park with previous thefts. Passing the blame to others is just plan stupid."
Call me old fashioned but blaming someone who's car was stolen for parking in a public car park is just plan stupid.
So there you go,hope this reply helps.

My mistake I do apologise,you have so many posts moved I mistook them.
No context warrants that comment
I am not going to delete this coment.

I'm from Luton leave the s3 on side of the road sometimes not even on the driveway. But my brothers Vxr on the other hand already had stuff nicked from it. Tbh vxrs and gsi Astros are bigger targets

*sigh* can't we just "delete" Kelvin_S and return to the topic at hand? j\k ;)

:uhm:

Given some of the recent posts I've seen...

Whilst Kelvin_S may not have been a directly involved party 'the mix' of the disagreement, his comments were the most telling. Doing himself NO favours at all....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.