STOLEN - White Audi A3 Sport this morning Leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamieswales

Reaction score
My sisters white Audi A3 sport (new shape) was stolen early hours of this morning off her drive. Broke into the house while they were sleeping. Took hers and husbands cars with keys. This is again in the leeds area. Clearly targeting white A3.

Thankfully I no longer own my S3 and I'm glad I don't anymore.

Just thought I'd let you all know. Be careful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eurgh, almost makes me regret spending my money on a nice car :-( I end up so paranoid about leaving it anywhere, or even not leaving it anywhere. I live in quite a safe area for car crime, but there's nothing to say they won't change their focus when the heat gets too much somewhere - and I've got to move fairly soon for work.

Yes, insurance will (normally) pay out - and I've got GAP insurance so I should get the full price of the car/a replacement, but I'd never feel safe leaving a car parked again... plus my already expensive insurance would rocket.

to be honest everytime I open my garage I'm suprised it's still there!!

I'm just gonna have to do some "home alone" tricks to sort them out if they want "in"

Red hot door handles hmmmmmmmm and the halfords advanced set strung up to fall when the door is opened.....

This is incredible. Another A3 stolen...

Feel for your sister bud. Really do!

I think that's 5 or 6 in the last few weeks.

Im so glad I fitted a tracker to mine now, I hate leaving it anywhere.

to be honest everytime I open my garage I'm suprised it's still there!!

I'm just gonna have to do some "home alone" tricks to sort them out if they want "in"

Red hot door handles hmmmmmmmm and the halfords advanced set strung up to fall when the door is opened.....

Yeh shes pretty upset, more upset about her handbag though haha.

Crazy thing is, I was reading this forum last night at 12:30 and noticed how 5 had been stolen around this end of the UK and posted that video of the S3 getting stolen on my facebook warning freinds to be careful, only for my sisters to be stolen an hour later.

WTF! This is getting ridiculous, there's obviously an underground setup where these cars are being taken for stripping and shipping.

What are old bill doing about it? NOTHING, to busy knicking decent motorists for speeding to bring in extra revenue.

I crap myself leaving my car on my drive every night, it seems decent hard working folk can't have nice things without the absolute dregs of society spoiling it.

it's definitely rocking chair, shotgun, and cigar time and "Are you feeling lucky punk?"

WTF! This is getting ridiculous, there's obviously an underground setup where these cars are being taken for stripping and shipping.

What are old bill doing about it? NOTHING, to busy knicking decent motorists for speeding to bring in extra revenue.

I crap myself leaving my car on my drive every night, it seems decent hard working folk can't have nice things without the absolute dregs of society spoiling it.

Maybe they are using forums like this to spy out where these cars are?

****** hell another! which area of leeds ill keep my eyes n ears open

Nah that one can't be, it has the word genuine in >_>

I do think there should be tighter controls on selling car parts, I wan't to know where it's come from and traceability etc.

Shock - the Audi has been found this morning, no idea of condition etc as the police have it at the moment. No sign of her husbands car.

Shock - the Audi has been found this morning, no idea of condition etc as the police have it at the moment. No sign of her husbands car.
thats good news,I hope it has only been used as transport and not been damaged.

Good news, let's hope they've found the scum who knicked it, and then leash them to the back of the car and take it for a run down the mway to check it's all right!

Really sorry another A3 has been stolen...from Leeds aswell...it's just disgusting....I really know what your sister is going though....mine was stolen 6 weeks ago from Leeds and im still in shock...hope she's ok and get sorted out soon x

Eurgh, almost makes me regret spending my money on a nice car :-( I end up so paranoid about leaving it anywhere, or even not leaving it anywhere. I live in quite a safe area for car crime, but there's nothing to say they won't change their focus when the heat gets too much somewhere - and I've got to move fairly soon for work.

Yes, insurance will (normally) pay out - and I've got GAP insurance so I should get the full price of the car/a replacement, but I'd never feel safe leaving a car parked again... plus my already expensive insurance would rocket.
im the same as you mate all that money dare not go anywhere in it......

Any further news on your sister's car?? Police have informed another 2 A3's and a golf has been stolen from the same car park in leeds as mine :-(

I agree - there are thousands of A3's out there which don't get pinched. If you were a gambling man you would get pretty good odds with a bookie that your car would be stolen !

Im getting another A3 next weel after mine was stolen, Inface its a better one..not letting them stop me....all it's done is make me extra aware now and ill do things very differently x

Reactions: Artimus
May be nothing, but I was just cruising eBay and there is a guy from Leeds selling two pairs of A3 Black Edition alloys on there.

May be legitimate of course, and I'm not sure if the Police could do anything, but I just think its a big coincidence ??

May be nothing, but I was just cruising eBay and there is a guy from Leeds selling two pairs of A3 Black Edition alloys on there.

May be legitimate of course, and I'm not sure if the Police could do anything, but I just think its a big coincidence ??

Ive reported this to the police and the bumpers that was on there other week, they do investigate it x

this is true my friend had a toyota gt4 with 400bhp the previous owner had £20,000 worth of recipts, it got stolen and there was alot of custom parts like one off intercooler, bonnet, exhaust and turbo manifold ect he found these parts on ebay.

he informed the police and the police went around to the property and arrested the lad ,but later released him with out charge due to the fact that he said that someone came to his door and wanted to sell these parts to him, and he had never seen him before . dident even charge him for handling stolen goods .

my friend had taken it to a gt4 engine tuners, not sure where. to have the crank berings done so took it off his insurance to insure another car in the mean time , thinking that the garage insurance would cover it , but it turned out he forgot to renew it.

rest of the car was never found

had my audi a3 white black edition stolen monday 06.08.2012 at the back of salford van hire. it was there at 3pm but not at 5pm when id finished work . drivers mirror smashed . im waiting now from insurance for hopefully a payout .

my a3 white black edition was stolen 06.08.2012. from te back of salford van hire domestic street same as yours it wasnt there when id finished work at 5pm an there were broken glass from drivers side .

This is getting ridiculous now. Is it me or does it seem to specifically be white Black Editions that are getting stolen?

I wish I had the money to invest in a GPS tracker!

Sorry to hear about your car Justin, yet another one gone from Leeds. I hope everything works out for you in the end! I won't be letting mine out of my sight.

It's not Leeds .... I was down in Manchester for the weekend (I'm from Edinburgh) with my Ibis A3 Black Edition ..... Paranoid as all hell.

It seems like my paranoia was well founded too. I'd parked up in the Parswood Cinema car park last friday night. Went round the car park 5 or 6 times before finding a space that I felt would be safe...ish !! In line of sight of the CCTV, in a well illuminated area between an M3 and a SLK Merc....My mates were ripping the pish out of me for taking so long to find a space.

I locked up the car and went off to catch up with the guys and girls for a bite of food. We'd been in the place only around 20 mins and I had a horrible sinking feeling in my gut. I had to excuse myself and pop my head out the front door of the restraunt. I saw nothing unusual and just put it down to the old paranoia kicking in. I rejoined my friends, but again felt this sinking feeling.

This time I left the restraunt and walked towards the car in the car park. I immediatley noticed 4 lads sitting in a car right opposite where I'd parked the car. I walked straight passed my car and looped round to the next row and discreetly observed from a distance for no more than 2 mins.

FYI, it was a Blue VW Golf GTI .... tints all round .. and 4 asian lads .... Got a note of the plate too YB07 YLT (turns out it's a false plate, shoult be on a Black GTI Edition 30)

One of the lads got out and walked straight over to my car, circled round it and stopped. A 2nd lad then came over carrying a bag and stood behind the car too.
I wasn't taking any chances, and called my mates in the restraunt. There was 12 of us out for dinner and 5 of the lads I was out with started to stroll up through the car park. By this time I was on the phone to the Police........

My mates walked straight towards my car and the two lads were still behind it. The lads saw my mates and skulked away slowly. I walked over to the car and went round the back to find my number plate removed and a 'fake' plate on in its place....

The lads jumped in their car and started to make their way out the car park just as the cops arrived. Needless to say I started pointing frantically at the car and the police finally got the message and followed it out the car park and up the road.

Turns out there was a couple of other people had noticed these guys too and also called the cops.

Police took off in pursuit of the car and stopped it some distance away...

Spent most of my night giving statements to the police and having the forensics team dust my car for prints......

Be Warned !!

Reactions: JaCkPoT
Wow very lucky escape. Thumbs up Pyrocam for following your instincts and getting the gits caught. Well done mate. :thumbsup:

They must know what they are doing to have started changing the plates in broad daylight, cheeky f**kers!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.