Stolen S3 saloon ???

Simon Page

Reaction score
Hi , bit of a long shot but has anyone had or know of an S3 saloon being stolen in the last month or so that hasn’t been recovered.
My son ownes one and keeps getting speeding/parking fines as his number plate has been cloned. This is around the Peterborough area especially.
The car in question is visually different to my sons due to the lack of panoramic roof and the fact it doesn’t have black trim. My sons car is Blue but the photos don’t really show the colour of the cloned car.
He has contacted the Police and they really are completely uninterested.
Thanks
Simon

Reactions: Audi Bairn
DVLA are the people you need to contact.
These cars do go weekly so I'd not be suprised,sometimes members post their pride and joys have gone or somebody else's.
I'm sure a Facebook group posts about stolen cars

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Ghost
Thanks for the reply . DVLA will be contacted Monday morning.

Reactions: voorhees
@Simon Page
It would be a good idea to get your son to change his number plate.. only £250 from DVLA + £80 to change over.

Apart from stopping all the speeding tickets, you don’t know what sort of trouble the driver of the cloned car is dealing in...
..and you wouldn’t want that trouble to mistaken your sons car ( or your son) for the cloned one.

Also don't post your car + plate on t'internet imho, all too easy to search for a similar car and grab the plate if you are a lowlife.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bristle Hound, NevMan, Audi Bairn and 1 other person
Think someone must have seen his car on the M1 somewhere and made a note of the reg. He has to drive between Brighton and across the UK.
He is away for most of next year so could have all manner of fines to deal with on his behalf.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Audi Bairn