Stolen S3 Hampshire

GmackS3

Reaction score
Hi all, I am due to take delivery of my S3 Saloon BE next mont and am getting increasingly worried about theft. I thought I was safe-ish in my area until the scrap yard transporter turned up to take my neighbours car away and had this S3 on his truck!
I asked him what was wrong with it and he said it was stolen!
The back window was smashed and it looked like it had done some off roading but other than that seemed ok.

Has anyone else got experience of S3's being stolen on the south coast?
08b26a56d899610b953aac58172ce267.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do they need the keys to do this or are they starting it without somehow?

I'm also worried about theft... to the point that I've been making my garage useable (was full of junk etc...) so that I can at least put it away!

To an extent I'm not worried about the car going as such... more the fact that someone may try to enter my property for the keys when my kids are asleep! I just think out of sight and out of mind.

Get GAP insurance and leave the keys at the bottom of the stairs. At least that way if they do break in for the keys/car they can find them quickly and be on their way, without the need of going upstairs where your family are.

At the end of the day no matter where you are, if they want it that badly they will take it! We can't live in fear, look at London a few weeks back with the terror attack, do we all now stay in just incase someone else does it when we are there???

http://www.whatcar.com/news/the-most-stolen-cars-in-the-uk/

Reactions: RSS-S3, well_cool, richinsoton and 1 other person
I've tried to keep mine as safe as I can, very worried about theft.

It always has a steering lock on wherever it is left, including in the garage.

It is garaged, locked, steering lock, I have toe folding posts in front of it in the garage with padlocks, garage is closed and locked.. house alarm and the car has a tracker.

Watched a video on facebook earlier from someone I know of who lives in a 'good' area about 10 minute walk from here. 'Lad' was caught on CCTV walking up to the persons van with a device in his hand. After pointing it in the van at a number of different angles, the interior light came on and the vehicle became unlocked.

What chance have you got.

Most cars which use Advanced Key,smart key,push start button is vulnerable to thieves.

I know of someone personally who had a brand new Mercedes sprinter van & new Range Rover stolen the same way.

Walked up to it with a very easily to buy device from the net no physical damage to gain entry to the car & was off in mins.

Talk to Anthony if you are concerned I have one fitted on my car.

Very knowledgeable person.

Always fit this on my cars peace of mind car can't be started with any device other than the remote not even the OEM key will start it unless you have disarmed through the viper remote.

http://www.securemycar.co.uk/Audi-stolen-bucket-seats-steering-wheel.html

Watched a video on facebook earlier from someone I know of who lives in a 'good' area about 10 minute walk from here. 'Lad' was caught on CCTV walking up to the persons van with a device in his hand. After pointing it in the van at a number of different angles, the interior light came on and the vehicle became unlocked.

What chance have you got.

:(

Most cars which use Advanced Key,smart key,push start button is vulnerable to thieves.

I know of someone personally who had a brand new Mercedes sprinter van & new Range Rover stolen the same way.

Walked up to it with a very easily to buy device from the net no physical damage to gain entry to the car & was off in mins.

Talk to Anthony if you are concerned I have one fitted on my car.

Very knowledgeable person.

Always fit this on my cars peace of mind car can't be started with any device other than the remote not even the OEM key will start it unless you have disarmed through the viper remote.

http://www.securemycar.co.uk/Audi-stolen-bucket-seats-steering-wheel.html

I'm totally sold on that!

My only concern would be Audi with warranty, if I had an electrical issue you guarantee they would kick off about that.

For the moment, I am going to leave that I think purely because of cost because I am planning on changing to an RS3 For 2018 if possible and I doubt it would be transferable. It will all mount up with cost.

For the moment, I am going to leave that I think purely because of cost because I am planning on changing to an RS3 For 2018 if possible and I doubt it would be transferable. It will all mount up with cost.

You're worried now about your S3 being stolen, how much is that worry going to increase if you buy an RS3?

You'll be a nervous wreck before you hit 20.

Reactions: Flying Scotsman, MattSedg, RS3ER and 2 others
You're worried now about your S3 being stolen, how much is that worry going to increase if you buy an RS3?

You'll be a nervous wreck before you hit 20.

My security measures will have to increase, haha. Shouldn't we all we worried about them being stolen? You can't own one and not question where you are leaving it.

There are more S3's stolen than RS3's.... that's what I'm telling myself haha.

Life is all about balance.
If you will worry too much don't buy the car whatever it is.
Just take sensible precautions (I always lock mine :)) and don't risk life nor limb in fighting someone for what is metal and plastic, insurance is pretty good value for the sum assured and insurance is there for a reason.
I personally don't give a rats about the theft risk and just make sure it is insured via a decent company, if a smart pro wants it they will take it without you noticing whereas an amateur (or bad pro) is more likely ready for a fight. If it is nicked then hey pain in the rse without doubt (been there done that a while back) and all the emotions kick in but hey you & family are always more important than mass produced means of transport that you can go to the shops tomorrow and buy another. I am much more concerned about car park dings etc than theft.

There are loads of S3s out there and quite a few get stolen, bear in mind you never hear about the ones that don't................mine is nearly 3years old and so far has always been where I have left it.

Theft has been a risk from the dawn of civilisation and will never go away, worrying too much achieves nowt.

Buy it and enjoy it whilst you have it!

Reactions: Buck, Supa Koopa, davc and 6 others
There are loads of threads on this issue.
Yes there appears to be many S3's stolen, but there are many more which aren't.
We mainly hear the bad news stories which are the ones we home in on.
Is it gut wrenching if it happens to yours? Of course it is. But buying another make or model doesn't mean it won't be stolen.
There are many additional precautions we can take. but then there's the argument that, if you put too many obstacles in the way, the crooks will enter your house with you and your loved ones (that includes the wife by the way lol) inside.
I agree with @msdmjb above. Best just to enjoy it rather than worry about something which may or may not happen.

Reactions: richinsoton
I'm totally sold on that!

My only concern would be Audi with warranty, if I had an electrical issue you guarantee they would kick off about that.

I have had a lot of these fitted on my cars I have not encountered one single problem with any electrical modules or releated issues.

Anthony is one of the best in the country fitting these systems.

The black box device I won't name it for obviously reasons scanns the car code from outside & the thief gains access without any damage.

Key scanning & OBD port cloning is nothing new it's been going on for years up & down every part of the country some areas affected more.

I live in East London East End I hear of this happening on a regular basis especially Essex.

S models & RS models have always been a magnet for thieves.

Here is a short video of a brand new Mercedes sprinter getting taken using the black box device.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/elm497vb5btxo9w/File 06-04-2017, 1 45 07 pm.mp4?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k1bk9lugh3l6xlu/File 06-04-2017, 1 29 18 pm.mp4?dl=0

I have had a lot of these fitted on my cars I have not encountered one single problem with any electrical modules or releated issues.

Anthony is one of the best in the country fitting these systems.

The black box device I won't name it for obviously reasons scanns the car code from outside & the thief gains access without any damage.

Key scanning & OBD port cloning is nothing new it's been going on for years up & down every part of the country some areas affected more.

I live in East London East End I hear of this happening on a regular basis especially Essex.

S models & RS models have always been a magnet for thieves.

Here is a short video of a brand new Mercedes sprinter getting taken using the black box device.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/elm497vb5btxo9w/File 06-04-2017, 1 45 07 pm.mp4?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k1bk9lugh3l6xlu/File 06-04-2017, 1 29 18 pm.mp4?dl=0

Thanks for all the information, much appreciated!

If I change to an RS3 it will have it, or if I don't I will get it fitted to the S3.

They are based in Bristol by the looks? That's great for me it's only an hour away!

Life is all about balance.
If you will worry too much don't buy the car whatever it is.
Just take sensible precautions (I always lock mine :)) and don't risk life nor limb in fighting someone for what is metal and plastic, insurance is pretty good value for the sum assured and insurance is there for a reason.
I personally don't give a rats about the theft risk and just make sure it is insured via a decent company, if a smart pro wants it they will take it without you noticing whereas an amateur (or bad pro) is more likely ready for a fight. If it is nicked then hey pain in the rse without doubt (been there done that a while back) and all the emotions kick in but hey you & family are always more important than mass produced means of transport that you can go to the shops tomorrow and buy another. I am much more concerned about car park dings etc than theft.

There are loads of S3s out there and quite a few get stolen, bear in mind you never hear about the ones that don't................mine is nearly 3years old and so far has always been where I have left it.

Theft has been a risk from the dawn of civilisation and will never go away, worrying too much achieves nowt.

Buy it and enjoy it whilst you have it!
THIS! :friends:

Reactions: pburv, davc and AudiNutta
My security measures will have to increase, haha. Shouldn't we all we worried about them being stolen? You can't own one and not question where you are leaving it.

There are more S3's stolen than RS3's.... that's what I'm telling myself haha.
I don't fuss over whether mine is going to be nicked. If it happens, it happens and with GAP and excess insurance, I can go out and get another one or something else and not be out of pocket. Yeah I'll probably take a hit at renewal time but it's a small price to pay.

I do a lot of miles in mine so I would be putting myself into another car with a lot less on the clock.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Have a look at autowatch ghost.

Tiny undetectable immobiliser device that shuts the vehicle comms down unless a unique pin code is entered via switches on steering wheel etc.

Reactions: S32B
I don't fuss over whether mine is going to be nicked. If it happens, it happens and with GAP and excess insurance, I can go out and get another one or something else and not be out of pocket. Yeah I'll probably take a hit at renewal time but it's a small price to pay.

I do a lot of miles in mine so I would be putting myself into another car with a lot less on the clock.

It wouldn't be a small price to pay for me, haha. If I had to claim on my insurance I would be near uninsurable with a policy already coming in at £4400. If I had mine stolen / involved in an accident, I'd have to say goodbye to the car and take a big downgrade.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Cancelled my S3 last minute due to an accident effecting insurance and an S3 getting stolen locally where they beat the lad to a pulp!

I couldn't risk another insurance claim so had to pull out of the deal but I wouldn't be as concerned if I didn't already have two claims!

I really need to stop reading these threads haha
Haha don't worry pal! I live in Bradford it's terrible here for it.

I literally worked myself up about it and decided the worry wasn't worth it especially after the insurance claim (my fault).

Gutted but think it's the right thing to do until I get some no claims!

Reactions: AudiNutta and Audi Bairn

I literally worked myself up about it and decided the worry wasn't worth it especially after the insurance claim (my fault).

What will you be driving instead?

It's horrible that we have to deal with this scum.

Reactions: samo26
Always garage mine. It's always a risk having a nice car, but if you keep it out of sight, the better.

When I had an R8, I'd always keep checking the rear view mirror as I was getting close to home, just to check in case I was getting followed.

It wouldn't be a small price to pay for me, haha. If I had to claim on my insurance I would be near uninsurable with a policy already coming in at £4400. If I had mine stolen / involved in an accident, I'd have to say goodbye to the car and take a big downgrade.
Flipping heck how much would it cost you to insure an RS?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....re-s-a-big-chance-it-s-going-to-be-stolen.amp

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....ex-boxer-car-jacking-attack-teen-blinded/amp/

I remember a couple of years ago someone in Epping Essex was stopped by fake police with lights in the grill.

Person stopped for them & had he's S3 taken be careful out there.

How can it be £3900 for an RS3 but £4400 for an S3?!

Guarantee the new RS3 won't be less lol

Guarantee the new RS3 won't be less lol

I expect it will, newer models will be cheaper because it is all based on stats.

"How many 19 year olds have owned an RS3 and stuffed it into a tree".... the number will be very low for a good few months, so until the crime and accident rate on new cars builds the insurance tends to be cheaper.

The RS3 has always been cheaper to insure than the S3, same when I bought the S3

Cancelled my S3 last minute due to an accident effecting insurance and an S3 getting stolen locally where they beat the lad to a pulp!

I couldn't risk another insurance claim so had to pull out of the deal but I wouldn't be as concerned if I didn't already have two claims!
It's not just S3's, it can be any nice car! A mate of mine was followed by 2 blokes in a BMW through Liverpool, he was in his A5 coupe (4 years old), he went down various streets to try and lose them but they kept with him, so he called one of his mates in the gym and proceeded to drive there! Once he got there and stopped the two blokes got out of the BMW and headed towards him. Unluckily for them, both my mate and his gym mates are all bodybuilders :) as soon as he had pulled up they all came out to help him ;);) They didn't get his car :D

It's not just S3's, it can be any nice car! A mate of mine was followed by 2 blokes in a BMW through Liverpool, he was in his A5 coupe (4 years old), he went down various streets to try and lose them but they kept with him, so he called one of his mates in the gym and proceeded to drive there! Once he got there and stopped the two blokes got out of the BMW and headed towards him. Unluckily for them, both my mate and his gym mates are all bodybuilders :) as soon as he had pulled up they all came out to help him ;);) They didn't get his car :D

Unfortunately I don't have any bodybuilder mates, 999 would be my friend :D Haha.

Scary though, but I suppose you're right it doesn't have to be an S3.

Reactions: davc
Unfortunately I don't have any bodybuilder mates, 999 would be my friend :D Haha.

Scary though, but I suppose you're right it doesn't have to be an S3.
Yep in those situations call the police (101 not 999) and then drive to the nearest station.

Reactions: AudiNutta
Yep in those situations call the police (101 not 999) and then drive to the nearest station.

I certainly wouldn't call 101, it takes 10 minutes to get through sometimes and it's non urgent. I'd say a group of people following you in a car behind is an emergency. If they have followed you long enough for you to feel threatened enough to call for help, that's an emergency and you get an instant answer with instant response.

For all you know, there could be a second car about to pull in front and block you off... while you're sat on hold to 101.

Reactions: batch
It's coming in at £3900 at the moment.
How are you paying so much!? I got my s3 when i was 20 and i paid £1200 with a 500 excess with Class1 business use 14k miles pa. And im from a high risk area in london

How are you paying so much!? I got my s3 when i was 20 and i paid £1200 with a 500 excess with Class1 business use 14k miles pa. And im from a high risk area in london

Insurance inflation, will always happen with the tax being added.
In October is was £2600, now it is £4300.... explain that.