Stolen S3 Cheltenham

Well I've just got back from my local Audi dealer,the replacement car will either be a ara blue S3 black edition or a ara blue TTS black edition
Can't make my mind up,must let him know tomorrow,12% off both cars

Reactions: Bristle Hound, richinsoton, Rob2k68 and 5 others
Well I've just got back from my local Audi dealer,the replacement car will either be a ara blue S3 black edition or a ara blue TTS black edition
Can't make my mind up,must let him know tomorrow,12% off both cars

12% off a BE TTS is pants as Audi straight offer this on there finance contribution,12% on a S3 is pretty good but @Tristan2 l cant get over the insurance company saying your cars value was £32k....

12% off a BE TTS is pants as Audi straight offer this on there finance contribution,12% on a S3 is pretty good but @Tristan2 l cant get over the insurance company saying your cars value was £32k....
I'd go TTS, I had the latest gen TT with the Tdi, handled much better than my S3.

Reactions: Jassyo06
I'd go TTS, I had the latest gen TT with the Tdi, handled much better than my S3.

Yip driven a few of them....but the....TT.....somehow it does'nt.....cut it in all guises....cant put my finger on it....maybe Audi have over priced it from the beginning....its still got real road presence...though

Reactions: 4K
I rang my gap insurers straight away after the offer,they said accept it as it was a very good offer

Reactions: Rob2k68
I rang my gap insurers straight away after the offer,they said accept it as it was a very good offer

That's all they want to do basically, make sure the insurance company aren't mugging you off as they usually try with their first offer! GAP want to know your insurance are paying the max they can so they don't have to pay out as much in effect.

Reactions: richinsoton, Daveotto, glospete and 1 other person
Yip driven a few of them....but the....TT.....somehow it does'nt.....cut it in all guises....cant put my finger on it....maybe Audi have over priced it from the beginning....its still got real road presence...though
They are silly money, I test drove a vegas yellow TTS which had been over spec'd, Blade wanted £50k for it, I've got the hatch S3 with a good spec and it's over £10k less. I think I've just answered why I didn't get a TTS now, doh!!

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Tom.H
IMG 0148
Looks like I'm getting a new stock S3 saloon black edition with pan roof,supersport seats,virtual cockpit,ara blue
what's size disklok do I buy guys?
Identical to this one

Reactions: Bristle Hound, richinsoton, Pinky1959 and 5 others
What about an RS3? I know its more expensive but you are in a strong position with that insurance and gap payout.

I need a car now,I can't wait till oct/Nov

Sure - but your not likely to order an RS3 in a few months - I would order one and try to find a way around it if possible. Even if it means doing a long term rental for a few months.

It’s just a great opportunity to get a car that will excite you and not put you out of pocket thanks to the unfortunate situation.

Really sorry to see this, only just caught up on this thread and I am gutted for you. Glad you got a new car lined up, looking forward to seeing some pictures!

They are silly money, I test drove a vegas yellow TTS which had been over spec'd, Blade wanted £50k for it, I've got the hatch S3 with a good spec and it's over £10k less. I think I've just answered why I didn't get a TTS now, doh!!

Same thought process here loved the weekend loan TTS I had a while back but would be looking at a Cayman for that money

Same thought process here loved the weekend loan TTS I had a while back but would be looking at a Cayman for that money
Definitely, far more special car. My problem is I drive 15k a year so the s3 is a good compromise, although the niggles are putting me off. No idea what the next car could be.

Reactions: Daveotto
Hopefully by the weekend
How much is the subscription charges with Audi connect

View attachment 130951 Looks like I'm getting a new stock S3 saloon black edition with pan roof,supersport seats,virtual cockpit,ara blue
what's size disklok do I buy guys?
Identical to this one
Looks very nice, I can't get over what has happened in 7 day! Car stolen, insurance paid out, new car ordered!

Out of interest what have they quoted you to insure the new one vs what you paid on the old/stolen one?

Reactions: Jassyo06
I assume an increase of £120...wonder if they will hit you next year! How long are you into your current insurance?

I assume an increase of £120...wonder if they will hit you next year! How long are you into your current insurance?
When you get paid out on a total loss, does it not automatically finish the policy, I thought it did?

When you get paid out on a total loss, does it not automatically finish the policy, I thought it did?

I thought that too, girlfriend had a total loss with Tesco Box insurance. They paid out, above market value for the car and then resumed the policy for the new car she chose!! Think we paid £70 extra for a car with more power.

Very lucky with that one not having to fork out another £1500, especially because it's in their policy wording that they terminate in the event of a total loss.

Can't wait 1.30 tomorrow I'm back in a brand new S3 Saloon identical to this one
IMG 0148

Reactions: Pinky1959, AudiNutta, Paul Darby and 6 others
Lovely looking car!!!!

Thanks to all for the advice earlier in the thread re GAP insurance - have had my S3 for two weeks now and just a second ago hurriedly took out a policy with ALA.

Reactions: Tristan2
4410bf93ef683421f831ad62edbabd56.jpg

Collected lunchtime

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Pinky1959, David McQueen and 9 others
And the end of the day it's only a car
Got a Disklok
House alarm fitted tomorrow
I just don't want to drive a piece of crap because of some lowlifes

Reactions: Bristle Hound, RAF_S7, azibux1 and 11 others
And the end of the day it's only a car
Got a Disklok
House alarm fitted tomorrow
I just don't want to drive a piece of **** because of some lowlifes

Hey Tristan - looks good !!

My sentiments exactly - even thought it's 99% likely our break in was for my car keys - the Alarm did it's job (now being supplemented by CCTV)

Alarm (PIR Motion sensor was what triggered the alarm when we were broken into Tuesday) Work with the alarm technician and get your zones set up correctly. Even if your popping just next door/down the shops make sure you set it always.

Say safe - and enjoy.

Seyre

Reactions: Tristan2
4410bf93ef683421f831ad62edbabd56.jpg

Collected lunchtime

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Beautiful car, mate. Wishing you better luck with this one. I'd be getting a couple of Rottweilers in your position and give the lowlife scum something to think about if they come back.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Well done on getting it sorted so quickly and not letting them change your life. You win....Not them with their 5hitty little two bit criminal lives.

They will most likely end up in prison at some point in the future - while you are enjoying cars, holidays, etc.
In the meantime they will be constantly looking over their shoulder for the Dibble to come knocking.
In the future they will not get a job or have a pension and will end up in poverty, prison or dead.
It makes me laugh when I watch the reality cop shows on tv. Whenever they raid the houses - they all live in filthy squalor. That's life at the bottom end of the criminal hierarchy.
Proper losers.

Sorry....off on a tangent there.
:blahblah1:
If you change some security which is visible from the outside of your house - I would imagine you will be below average risk of the new car being stolen.

Don't post on here what you do - as any thief worth his salt will trawl these forums for information. Wouldn't you if you were a thieving c***?

If you have had a car stolen -you are likely to have improved security and be far more alert and aware - no longer easy pickings.

Reactions: Rob2k68, AudiNutta and Tristan2
New car looks gorgeous mate. Can you make sure you store your keys in another place please :) any more info from the police? Do they hold any hope of finding it?

New car looks gorgeous mate. Can you make sure you store your keys in another place please :) any more info from the police? Do they hold any hope of finding it?

After picking up my S3 a couple of weeks ago, since reading this thread I now sleep with my keys under my pillow :tonguewink: