STOLEN RS3 INTEROIR - Please Read

spiralsmile

Reaction score
Just came out the door to find this...too ****** off to barely speak... If anyone finds 2 rs3 buckets or suede steering wheel for sale let me know - I am based in sw18 London. Any info greatly appreciated... Photos on rs246.com as iPhone won't let me upload here...more later. Cheers guys.

That is shocking, I hope your car gets repaired quickly. It's a sad world we live in when people do things like this. Will keep an eye out.

That is quite unbelieveable. I hope you get it sorted quickly and those scumbags get caught!

Heres some hi res photos...police have no one available until 4pm this evening for a crime reference number...world we live in eh...
IMAGE_D00200BA-0D2D-4633-9BB6-CF8D3A4B39D8.JPG

IMAGE_6D950E1D-BE76-45E0-A39B-412D64C60F02.JPG

IMAGE_4E4895EA-0201-4F53-A706-3813E7E29644.JPG

IMAGE_D00FA51A-BC7E-4291-99B2-3B4138B3A3ED.JPG

IMAGE_858217CD-B7C3-4F89-B616-E97272F7F11D.JPG

That really is sick! I can only but sympathise.

Bring back the stocks...

I feel for you buddie. On a side note the c@nts that done this must be really good at what they do. To strip the car seats and steering wheel out in the middle of your street and not get caught.

I feel for you buddie. On a side note the c@nts that done this must be really good at what they do. To strip the car seats and steering wheel out in the middle of your street and not get caught.

only the owner or someone that knows the owner can catch them, to anyone else your just working on the car

what ****'s!!!!

sorry to say this fella but to take a risk like this they where probably stolen to order.
will your insurance cover this? hope for you they do!!

you should send the pics to audi uk and see if they can do anything for you

only the owner or someone that knows the owner can catch them, to anyone else your just working on the car
not with smashed glass all over the place.. you'd think somebody nearby would have heard or saw something! - jeeeebers, what kind of Neighbours wouldn't knock your door or call the Police even after the event? That's B*11*cks ...maybe the thieves will come back for their cars at a later date.

P.S: I'm amazed they got the seats out of the windows - that must have been a tricky proposition.

Just looking through your other posts & noticed you had your seat\s changed by the local dealer? have you done a key count recently?

Last edited:
i've had cars in bits before on a carpark, no one looks (we even had the police stop and ask us when we had a car apart in a multistory carpark! all they asked was if the owner was there and not to leave a mess), i don't know any of my neighbours, no one would see the glass at night....

I'm not sure the seats would fit through a window of an A3\S3\RS3! If that's the case, a key would be needed to open the doors, then you'd break the glass to cover your tracks. Also, assuming the seats are electrically operated - can you get to all bolts without moving the seat back\forth? Plus how difficult would it be to to access seat bolts from within the confines of the car? ...and you might even break the computer stalk in an attempt to prevent a key count being done.

...sorry, just thinking out loud.

Last edited:
I really feel for you mate.. that's just bang out of order:( I know these are worth some money as parts, but that's pretty brash in broad daylight..

****** tramps , you can't own nothing nice nomore, the seats etc could be going into a s3 rs3 lookalike so keep your eye open,

As for opening this kind of lock a pick can be bought off the net for 15£ and it doesn't take alot of practice to open

Does seem strange that the person climbed in through the window then passed everything out through the window , Is it actually possible to unbolt the seats in such a small space?

If a key was used and they smashed the window to cover their tracks I'm sure the alarm brain log can be read to see if the alarm was deactivated at any point so it's worth getting it read maybe insurance company will do this anyway, I must say I'm shocked that the rs3 has no movement sensors inside!! I think I'm gonna upgrade mine ASAP!!!!

All the best

Whats with all the wiring hanging down from mirror and did they rip the arm rest an handbrake , mindless idiots

Just checked mine NO CABIN SENSORS!!!
what a joke Audi !!! No wonder so many rnse units have been nicked , Jesus Christ i could have a team of polish builders sleep in mine at nite and not know

My rs3 has officially just gained the status of "return to base drone".. - I'm never gonna leave it anywhere except my alarmed garage, where one of my staffs sleeps! I know there's always been car thieves, but all this recent stealing of Audi parts is a nightmare.. Genuinely surprised the alarm didn't go off too, poor show Audi - £40k car and frankly a ***** alarm system.

i expect they have broken the window, the alarm has gone off, then they have disabled the alarm and hid till it stopped, only the owner would bother going out to investigate

Feel gutted for you,can't imagine how I would feel.

I used to live in SE12 until 1974..wouldn't go back there if you offered me a free RS3.

As others say.complete scumbags of the lowest order. Karma will repay them,maybe wrapped around a lampost.

If my A3 and our 2010 A3 has interior sensors then I'm sure the RS3 does to. You with have a button on the end edge of the drivers door to turn them off. Also nobody said the alarm didn't go off! These thieves are professional, and with the way society is today nobody wants to get involved in other peoples business with regard to the neighbours...

Shame these things happen though.

Thats terrible, so sorry to see this!

I've said this before and sorry if it offends but until people stop trying to make their cars look like something their not this will continue to happen!

It's sickening to think that these parts will probably fetch £500 ish so someone can turn their 10 year old 1.9 Tdi into an RS3 lookalike.

im gutted to hear see this.
ill keep an eye out on ebay and gumtree
for any rs3 seats.
it could change hands easily for £1300
or £800 if stolen to order.

Hi guys , I saw this video on you tube , all I can say is I'm glad I don't own a BMW anymore And if i did I'd kick their ****,

shocking stuff , they pop the window but only put their arm in so alarm doesnt sound and plug an edi lock machine into the obd2 port and program a blank fob key up for the car in seconds then turn off the alarm and start car gone!!!!!

Im sure there Is an edi lock for Audi too think im gonna secure mine somehow ,

Aparantly certain laws apply to having the obd2 port easily accessible which leaves it open to this breach by thieves

the robbery 1M

Stolen BMW 1M - YouTube

The machine in action
BMW Key programming - YouTube

bring back old fashioned cut keys is what i say!
electronic tech has too many glitches in its armour for this type of thing!

Well Gents - its been a while so though I would update you all on things. My RS3 ownership days are over unfortunately. The repair bill was £22k at the outset plus whatever additional work that wouldn't be known (electric gremlins and the like) until they had started fixing everything. The insurance company took one look and admitted defeat opting for total loss instead.

The car has already been sold at salvage so I would expect it to appear in few months in the classifieds. My 7 months of ownership have been great - 5k miles and a lot of smiles. Only slightly annoying thing was that the engine was now really loosening up and when driven with Sport On / Traction Fully Off / Manual Shifting combo the car was an animal.

Enjoy all and will see y'all for the 8v RS3 whenever that appears!

I dont know if im just being stupid but how is the repair bill so much?

It will be on same reg number, but as a cat C or D if HPI'd.. Still find it hard to understand that bill of 22k but there we go..

Reactions: Artimus
Sorry to hear this Mr Smile. :crying: Good luck on your next venture.

People who do this want their knackers chopping off and force fed to them.