1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stolen Audi

voorhees Mar 23, 2019

1. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team V8 Audi S5 S tronic

I never thought I'd be writing this but I have become a victim of car theft.
    I was parked about fifty yards away from a busy road in a residential area and in broad daylight all that remained of my majestic V8 4.2 litre powered S5 was a pile of glass,in the space of three hours it was taken away.

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. MuPPeT_ON_TouR

MuPPeT_ON_TouR Well-Known Member Supercharged Sportback TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Silver Supporter Audi S5 Black Edition quattro OBD11 USER Deep Black Pearl DSG

Gutted for you. Hope you get it back.

4. KrisKrk

KrisKrk A6 C6 4F 2010 LeMans Avant Gold Supporter TDi Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group S-line owners group Manual Le Mans Edition

Oh man. Sorry to hear that.

How is that possible, in a day light?
    No one seen anything or heard anything?
    Any cctv footage?

Hope you'll get that sorted

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

5. terminator x

terminator x Well-Known Member

No help now but get AWG fitted on the next one.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

6. 45bvtc

45bvtc Well-Known Member Supporter SQ5 owners group Team Cornflower Blue Gold Supporter Team Sahara Silver Team Sepang Audi TT Audi RS3

What's AWG John?

7. Gazwould

Gazwould Well-Known Member

A ****** Gone , it's an expensive security service , but effective .

A complete one that includes disposal .

[​IMG]

Sorry to hear about theft of your car , I know what that feels like .

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2019
  8. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro Platinum Supporter S tronic Audi Main Dealer

That is shocking news @voorhees. It’s bad enough reading that someone’s car has been stolen, but it’s worse when you know who the owner is Jase. :(

9. CHEZ

CHEZ moderately amusing Supporter

That sucks.
    Any news if its been recovered?

Broad daylight too, as said above, somebody must have some cctv surely.
    I am guessing they cloned a key through the OBD or was it keyless?

10. voorhees

11. terminator x

Autowatch Ghost, stops thieves even if they have the key.

TX.

45bvtc likes this.
  12. Avatar

13. 45bvtc

45bvtc Well-Known Member Supporter SQ5 owners group Team Cornflower Blue Gold Supporter Team Sahara Silver Team Sepang Audi TT Audi RS3

Thanks John, I'll investigate getting one for 'Tonka' when he/she/it arrives Monday next... :hi:

Maybe BLUEY, even... :blush:

X3man and terminator x like this.
  14. MuPPeT_ON_TouR

MuPPeT_ON_TouR Well-Known Member Supercharged Sportback TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Silver Supporter Audi S5 Black Edition quattro OBD11 USER Deep Black Pearl DSG

Just disabling the port or moving it will work almost as well as an expensive autowatch option and should be the minimum people do to thier cars.

OBD ports are a liability.

15. terminator x

Even for keyless entry where they just extend the range of the key so the doors pop open?

TX.

16. MuPPeT_ON_TouR

You are right.

Though technically you extend the range of the car to find the key. When you try the lock on the car it is the car that searches to see if the key is close by.

A Faraday cage/pouch for your keys and disabling the port when not in use is the minimum.

In this case as the glass was smashed so was most probably an attack on the OBD port.. why smash the glass if you have hijacked the key signal?

17. voorhees

It'd be some amplifier as I was over a mile away

18. terminator x

Fair enough, ghost would have still stopped them though or the obd port thing of course.

TX.

voorhees likes this.
  19. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Man TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Gold Supporter Team Tornado Audi S4 Black Edition quattro S tronic

20. S3 Rav

S3 Rav Well-Known Member

absolutely gutted for you Jason!!!! where was it taken from??

21. WilkoS5

WilkoS5 Member

Really sorry to hear this fella. *******

Hope you get it back, assuming you'll want it back now some scumbag has been in it. You'd struggle to find another like that one.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2019
    voorhees likes this.
  22. voorhees

Cossington Road Rav,yeah am not happy

gimk and S3 Rav like this.
  23. Alistair D

Alistair D Hey GOOOOD looking Audi A6

Hi, I'm no techy or clued up on thievery, but in having an AWG would this not be an alternative way of nicking a car, as all the thief would need to do is pinch the phone? They may not realise it has any device on it until they walk past the car and find as they do the car unlocks itself (if the Bluetooth App is on ) and happy days they're off!

24. CHEZ

No mate you are mistaken..
    The auto watch ghost makes you press a few buttons in the car itself, in certain order, before you can start the car.
    For example, heated rear window, volume up, fog light or whatever, in any combination of your choice..
    Something like that anyway.
    No apps or third party add ons, just a sequence of buttons need to be entered before the engine will fire

25. X3man

X3man Well known member Gold Supporter X3 M40i Carbon Black

Nightmare mate, ****** scumbags

26. RAF_S7

RAF_S7 Well-Known Member Team V8 Gold Supporter Team Sepang Audi S7 A7 Owner Group Black Edition

Newest version (AWG2) is app enabled, so it only has to detect your phone with the app running. You don’t need to push any in car buttons.

Alistair D and CHEZ like this.
  27. CHEZ

Is that so?
    I didn't know that..
    I would prefer the original mark 1 version if that's the case

Ghost likes this.
  28. RAF_S7

RAF_S7 Well-Known Member Team V8 Gold Supporter Team Sepang Audi S7 A7 Owner Group Black Edition

I believe it’s an option - you could just not pair your phone I guess, but that would probably defeat the new tracker option as well.

I’m not an AWG user as it doesn’t fit my needs, so my comment is based on the marketing blurb.

29. terminator x

I don't use the phone app and don't know anyone that does. Wouldn't recommend using it either for the reason you mention.

TX.

RAF_S7 and X3man like this.
  30. CarbonMike

CarbonMike Active Member Team Brilliant Black Audi A4 Black Edition quattro

Ive got a Ghost system on mine, had it about a year now. I dont use the app as on andriod.

31. AudiSpy

AudiSpy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Audi TT Audi Q5

Gutted for you but hope you get it back!

32. MikeSel^

MikeSel^ Moderator Staff Member Moderator TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Team Navarra Audi S3 quattro Manual

Gutted for you :-( hope it’s recovered! Tho I’m not sure I’d want mine back after being driven recklessly by some scumbag

33. Avatar

34. davc

davc Well-Known Member Team Glacier S3 Saloon Audi S3 saloon quattro S tronic

Sorry to hear this @voorhees and gutted for you mate.

I hope you get things sorted quickly.

voorhees likes this.
  35. desertstorm

desertstorm Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User TDi Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro

So sorry to read this, to much of this going on and the police seem to be unable to do anything. Even when they catch the people little seems to happen with them.

36. Alistair D

Alistair D Hey GOOOOD looking Audi A6

We should all get one of these

37. CarbonMike

CarbonMike Active Member Team Brilliant Black Audi A4 Black Edition quattro

Sadly your not alone.

Seen on facebook this morning some poor sole in Birmingham, his RS5 been nicked from the Custard Factory car park.

Last week a purple RS4 Avant was stolen & being used for no good too.

Screenshot_20190331-080905.png Screenshot_20190331-081128.png Screenshot_20190331-081046.png

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  38. voorhees

I put it into the perspective Karl that the police are so short staffed that they cannot keep teenagers safe from knives so my car will be classed as non urgent,also my insurance company seem to be rather quiet but renewal time they seemed so eager to contact me lol.

I need to stop scouring Ebay,gumtree and classifieds as the Miss Marple in me wants to find it.

39. sentinal13

sentinal13 Member

I had my car attempted last year and feel gutted for you, however if you do get it back check for a hidden magnetic tracker....

voorhees likes this.
  40. CHEZ

Wow that's sinister..
    Its like James bond

sentinal13 likes this.
  41. sentinal13

sentinal13 Member

IMG_5755.JPG

42. voorhees

My insurance has settled with a reasonable figure for the car and also gave me some money towards the cargo I had in there (sparco boot tidy, helmets,vagcom with laptop,fitness tracker etc)

I look forward to searching for a new car but having an 03 R32 as a loaner from my mate means I have time on my hands.

jdp1962, davc, X3man and 1 other person like this.
  43. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro Platinum Supporter S tronic Audi Main Dealer

Glad your insurance settled Jase. Good that you don’t have to rush on your next purchase. What you going to get as your next purchase? :) x