*****STOLEN A3 YORKSHIRE*******

Orange225

Reaction score
Well today wasn't the greatest day, dropped my car off at the garage this morning to have a look at a knocking I've noticed, went to pick it up after work and the nice garage have given my keys to some scrote, so now I'm the not very happy not owner of a stolen car. Could people keep an eye out for my akoya silver 3 door a3 tdi sport. Reg YF53 AOK

Any advice what to do now

Reactions: A3-BEN
Holy ****... sorry to hear that mate, if I were you I'd be gutted/fuming. First thing I'd do is make sure you have some evidence of the garage having possession of the car at the time it was stolen, and go to the Police etc, plus call your insurance company and let them know what's happened. Surely the garage should be investigated by the Police, they could have just given your keys to a mate.

Was all on cctv and the police have got statements, they just walked in, asked if the audi was done and the garage gave them the keys. Just hope I can get another that's anywhere near the condition mine was, absolutely pristine and I've spent all year adding every option to the car, only been driving for 9 months, great start

Was all on cctv and the police have got statements, they just walked in, asked if the audi was done and the garage gave them the keys. Just hope I can get another that's anywhere near the condition mine was, absolutely pristine and I've spent all year adding every option to the car, only been driving for 9 months, great start

What a bunch of idiots... wish you all the best in getting it back, fingers crossed it will be smooth getting the money back from the insurance as it's clear the garage were at fault.

was there a bill to pay or did they let them just take it?

Reactions: Kelza
Where abouts was it taken mate?

Any idea where I stand as to what replacement I can get, I'd like to get another with all the options and mileage mine had. I don't want some insurance bloke to turn round and say they'll only give me market value, which is nowhere near enough to get a replacement

I thought if it was stolen with keys that insurance wont pay?

The garage seem to think they have some sort of insurance to cover it. I'll give them a chance to get things sorted before I get angry about it

Holy **** dude! I know Halifax well, grew up there, how the hell did someone just get handed the keys?! That's nuts! I'd be making sure that gets sorted by their insurance and nowt to do with yours! It'll cost you money in the long run if it's settled through yours!

Reactions: Blackwhite
Wow ,hopefully Audi will have a good picture of there mug shot ,shocking news !

Yep, the garage owner didn't even know it was stolen till 4 hours later when I turned up for it. The police told me to contact my insurance so they can deal with it all, not sure what to do really, not been driving long and this was my first car

ANPR should pick car up, it will more than likely be parked up on a street atm waiting to see if has a tracker fitted. If no movement in a few days unfortunately it will probably be used in a robbery or stripped.

I would imagine the garage is liable for this as it was his responsibility to check/repair car and give back to you (owner) ?

Im ever so sorry to hear this aswell pal, please keep us posted.

The police said that chances are it'll be on false plates now anyway. Will keep you all informed as to how it goes, not looking forward to using the garages courtesy car (Yaris)

will keep an eye out in Keighley, any screencaps of the CCTV?

Hope they get it,made this a sticky so hopefully people will see it

image-1.jpg.html

If you've got a pic of them from the CCTV I'd try and get it all over twitter etc. You never know someone might recognise the scrote.

I'm always knocking around different parts of Leeds so will keep a look out. Has it got any unique mods or anything?

Ridiculous that a garage would just hand the keys over!

Already all over Facebook and Twitter. Akoya silver twin grill front that I wrapped to look like an all black single grill. I do have a couple of pics but can't get them to load on mobile

This is unbelievable! so sorry to hear this mate. will keep an eye out for it down south. I'm always on ebay/gumtree looking for bits so will check there for you too!

Thankyou. So far the garage has done nothing, not contacted their insurance yet, I've got a god awful courtesy car from them though. V reg Toyota yaris

Thankyou. So far the garage has done nothing, not contacted their insurance yet, I've got a god awful courtesy car from them though. V reg Toyota yaris

**** it... Give it away ... Eye for an eye !!!

Shocking! Sorry to hear that, especially considering you have done a lot of work to upgrade the car. Hope this gets resolved.