STOLEN A3 S/Line Black Edition WHITE from LEEDS CAR PARK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be interesting to see statistics of accident damaged total loss A3s/S3s versus available parts for sale on the Internet.

To write off an S3 you have to assume a fair amount of damage has been done which has to make salvagable parts quite limited, especially things like bumpers, body panels etc..

This logic would suggest these stolen cars are being broken and sold in bits.
Sad state of affairs.

That's why I asked Audi...A3 the question !!!!!!!! :huh:

If the sale of used parts was better regulated and only permitted through reputable, licenced, VAT registered businesses then this will make it more difficult to pedal stolen parts, indeed it should reduce the volume of stolen bits being sold completely unchallenged through auction sites by Random Joe, and therefore reducing the market value for stolen car parts.

This in turn should then make financial gains much smaller and hopefully the whole exercise of stealing these higher end cars less attractive.
My 2p...

If the sale of used parts was better regulated and only permitted through reputable, licenced, VAT registered businesses then this will make it more difficult to pedal stolen parts, indeed it should reduce the volume of stolen bits being sold completely unchallenged through auction sites by Random Joe, and therefore reducing the market value for stolen car parts.

This in turn should then make financial gains much smaller and hopefully the whole exercise of stealing these higher end cars less attractive.
My 2p...

Swings and roundabouts Paul
On one hand your car would be less attractive to thieves ( for this country anyway ) but the price of used parts would increase and you'd be stuck with parts you've uprated.

Lol that was quite some time ago... how would I go about doing that? He just said breaking audi s3. What more can you ask without possibly offending them. Admittedly chit chat wasn't an option, cool and composed smartly dressed gents. After 3 and half hours driving, I wasn't going home empty handed, fact.

It isn't a question of offending them. Fair enough if you are talking about 'quite some time ago' but you must agree that anyone selling 'used' or 'refurbished' parts from a new (2012) vehicle has to be asked where it came from.

A reputable seller would not be offended by that question, knowing the circumstances surrounding stolen A3's in the current climate.

Smartly dressed gents selling car parts is 'iffy' to say the least !!

Hopefully if the sale is genuine and it is their car and they did indeed "side smash it" they should then have a V5 or some proof of ownership? Maybe that could be the way forward in cases like this?

Think a small sticker in a window saying 'all parts on this vehicle are marked with smartwater' may put off the low loader crews, def makes non identifiable parts identifiable

What so I would have to take my old bumpers to them and probably walk away with 5 pounds in order for them to make a profit. No thanks.

You won`t care because your insurance premium will be significantly lower.

JUST REPORTED AN A3 5DR WHITE BLACK EDITION ON THE BACK OF A LOW LOADER DRIVING THROUGH LEEDS....THE A3 WAS 12 PLATE AND HAD THE WINDOWS DOWN AND TO ME IT LOOKED VERY WORRYING TO SEE IT ON A NON DISCRIPT TOW TRUCK!!!! HOPEFULLY NOT ANOTHER STOLEN ONE BUT THE POLICE ARE LOOKING INTO IT JUST IN CASE AND MIGHT LEAD THEM TO ALL THE OTHER STOLEN ONES X

Does seem very suspect - why would they not use their free RAC cover? I'd be tempted to follow it and report to the police exactly where it ended up.

I can't help but feel that this whole situation is fuelled by the people that want to make their car's look like something they are not.

I'm all up for modding and such in terms of engine performance/handling and so on but the idea that the bumpers/skirts from my car could end up on a 10 year old oil burner sickens me. Sorry if it offends anyone but that's how I feel.

My previous car was an 04 2.0 TDI A3 which someone had stuck S Line badges and aluminium mirrors... yuck! First thing I did was remove them! I just don't see the point and all it does is create the market for the parts!

Last edited:
I'm all up for modding and such in terms of engine performance/handling and so on but the idea that the bumpers/skirts from my car could end up on a 10 year old oil burner sickens me. Sorry if it offends anyone but that's how I feel.

maybe if audi had released a new a3 instead of facelifiting it few times it the demand for parts to upgrade 2003 models to 2012 spec wouldn't exist

maybe if audi had released a new a3 instead of facelifiting it few times it the demand for parts to upgrade 2003 models to 2012 spec wouldn't exist

Yes, very true, hadn't thought of that!

First of all i am very sorry for the member who had her car stolen,i feel absolutely gutted for you,this is one of the main reasons i hardly use my car for pleasure trips,i all ways feel happy when i return to find my car still parked where i have left it...things are that bad i bought a old nissan micra to use in dodgy areas..this is a sad day when you can not take your pride and joy and leave it without worrying if some scumbag will either attack it with a sharp object,for a bit of fun or worst case steel it altogether.

Swings and roundabouts Paul
On one hand your car would be less attractive to thieves ( for this country anyway ) but the price of used parts would increase and you'd be stuck with parts you've uprated.

Agree it wouldn`t suit all but maybe a price worth paying.

The cost savings would be enormous, premiums, policing costs etc.., not to mention the trauma individuals and their family endure.
Just a thought....

Thanks hun, Its probably the worst thing ive been through for a long time, i wont forget it in a hurry..Im absolutly guttered..the car was for everything, Ive owned 2 cars in the past and it was just too expensive for me to run 2 cars, Ive orderd a tracker and bought a secure car parking space near work and alarmed the garage at home..aswell as the usual crock locks theres nothing else I can do apart from never park it anywhere thats not secure again...when I get the new one im defo watching it like a hawk x

First of all i am very sorry for the member who had her car stolen,i feel absolutely gutted for you,this is one of the main reasons i hardly use my car for pleasure trips,i all ways feel happy when i return to find my car still parked where i have left it...things are that bad i bought a old nissan micra to use in dodgy areas..this is a sad day when you can not take your pride and joy and leave it without worrying if some scumbag will either attack it with a sharp object,for a bit of fun or worst case steel it altogether.

If I was driving I probably would have done, but I was on foot...My thoughts exactly why not RAC??? I gave the police all the details anyway so hopefully they checked it out x

Does seem very suspect - why would they not use their free RAC cover? I'd be tempted to follow it and report to the police exactly where it ended up.

Oh and as for buying parts from ebay why would you wanna be lining the pockets of these scumbags and have stolen parts on your car!!!!, my car went from Leeds then the majority of the parts are in Leeds and Bradford...abit dodge!!! everyday people like me and you WOULD NOT have parts for a 2012 A3...or any car for that matter...Id rather pay extra and get 110% genuine one and get a gaurentee with it, id probably go through insurance if its to replace a damaged one…and as for modding well its time your bought a corsa or something as these cars should be left as they are, why make it something its not, it's just tacky and people who know about cars know it's NOT what your intending it to be, it's like admitting you cant afford the real thing…my 2p lol

Nothing insulting about that...when I was younger I had a 1.2 clio and made it look like a 182...only difference was, was the 100bph...year after I got rid and bought a 182 and looked back and thought what an idiot I was!!!..Id never do anything to make the A3 look anything other than what it is..Be proud of what ya drive dont try and change it...thats all im saying, dont mean to insult anyone x

Haha! get a grip, very insulting comment...

Really sorry to hear your news Sarah, as you can see I also drive a Black Edition and it's a little worrying to say the least!

at least it will make you more aware of yours now, dont leave it anywhere your unsure of, its sad we have to live like this but im not even sure I want another one with how many have been stolen recently, shame coz it was an amazing car x

Really sorry to hear your news Sarah, as you can see I also drive a Black Edition and it's a little worrying to say the least!

arnt they just S/line alloys in gun metal grey??....Ive never seen them on a black edition!!! xx

Oooh what a guess... Bradford, I knew that before I even opened the link….not my alloys anyway but I bet they are someone elses and not the person listing them either x

arnt they just S/line alloys in gun metal grey??....Ive never seen them on a black edition!!! xx

i have them on my black edition, someone is breaking an a3/s3 on pistonheads at the moment and is from Bradford area I think

Lol how did you 6 green bars with only 85 posts? Some care to explain how this system works?

It's based on how many forum members click on the * button next to 'blog this post' at the bottom of every post. You add to or subtract from the users reputation as you think fit.

I've added to yours just for asking the question !!!lol

It's based on how many forum members click on the * button next to 'blog this post' at the bottom of every post. You add to or subtract from the users reputation as you think fit.

I've added to yours just for asking the question !!!lol

I've added to yours just for explaining :)

You're reppin some more now Mike, just added to your bad man ting rep init (basically I've clicked the button).

:thumbsup:

Just a quick update…5 weeks tomorrow since it's got stolen.
Still waiting for the key report to come back…I was told this could take upto 10 working days..today is the 8th working day so they really are leaving it to the last day…
Ive already spoken to the car replacement guy who cant do anything until this report is back and the info passed to him..He has told me that he has to ring 3 Audi dealership's in my area and get 3 quotes for a car…I have gone one step further and rang Sheffield, Leeds and Wakefield to see what the availability is like and it's not not looking good, Sheffield and Wakefield cant get one at all…I put a deposit on one in Leeds weeks ago as I knew this would happen but now its looking like I might have to let this car go as the insurance are really dragging their feet…I know its not their fault my car got nicked but I just wish they would look at it from my point of view…for the sake of a couple of days it's looking like im going to miss out on what seems to be the only B/E in white availabel :-(((((( xx

go and put more deposit down?

Thing is the insurance kicked off at me when I said I had put a deposit down and demanded I got it back…So I said I had got it back and the salesman said he wouldn’t say anything to them about the deposit…
They don’t seem to understand that I had to put a deposit down just to hold it until the insurance got their finger out…I just really don’t know what else I can do :-( x

They do seem to be dragging heels now.

Friend of a friend got his 1 year old Scriocco stolen, same scenerio and was paid out within 3.5 weeks.

I was only thinking this morning how long it has taken to sort this. What really takes the **** is that you are using Audi Insurance are you not?

I would be non stop bothering them by now, IMO it's not acceptable that you are waiting this long!

I sent the keys to them the day after it got nicked and it's taken them this long to send them for testing, I am with Audi Insurance so surely mine isnt the only one that’s got stolen and you'd think they know what to do..

I have been pushing from day one, I even got in touch with the loss adjuster myself and arranged for him to come and see me…if Id have waited for the insurance to arrange it I could have been waiting weeks…I then chased the loss adjuster everyday to send the report through then chased the insurance everyday, then they spring it on me that the keys have to be sent off for testing and ive got to wait another 10days!!!!

Just one thing after another….BUT…good news I guess ive just rang them (3rd time today) and the key report has come back OK…shock horror both keys were indeed for my car!!!! They sounded like they were shocked….So yes an Audi A3 can be stolen without the keys!!!! They make me so mad, I know there are some scumbags out there that would fake this and they have to do their checks but when you know it's all genuine it's quite upsetting…I never want to go through this again and wouldn’t wish it on my worst enermy...

I will be on to them first thing in the morning…..oh and my phone bill this month is £150.00 thanks to the 0844/0845 numbers :-( x

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.