Stock Spark Plugs 1.8 tfsi ?

jasso86

Reaction score
Hi good Sirs,

Just to ask if anybody knows what OEM spark plugs come with our cars from the factory.

I'm about to remap my car, and don't know if it's convinient to replace them to a colder spark plug (grade 7) as in elder platforms.

Regards,

Where are you having your car remapped and what are the gains?
Im in Mexico mate. Local guy has a business partnership with an european tuner. We are aiming for 240 whp, anything above that should be a bonus.

I've got 3'' inch decated downpipe and intake.

We shall see.

Reactions: Salik Sajid
Im in Mexico mate. Local guy has a business partnership with an european tuner. We are aiming for 240 whp, anything above that should be a bonus.

I've got 3'' inch decated downpipe and intake.

We shall see.

I made 250bhp with only a dtuk box, 2.5inch cat back and an intake.
I'd hope for a little more with the cat out

I made 250bhp with only a dtuk box, 2.5inch cat back and an intake.
I'd hope for a little more with the cat out
I saw your graph.. I like talking on whp.. You got less than 220 whp.

My aim is 240 whp. If i obtain more ill be more than happy.

I saw your graph.. I like talking on whp.. You got less than 220 whp.

My aim is 240 whp. If i obtain more ill be more than happy.
U can achieved 240whp but u need supportive mod like uprated intercooler or fmic, dv+ & 2.5inch turbo back/catback

Stage 2 !

Uprated clutch needed at some point? Any clutch slip currently? What did you manage to gain from the stage 2?

Hey Jasso hows car running after stage 2, shouldnt u get stage 1 first?

Well guys, car runs AWESOME and is FAST.. I went to the drah strip.. Manged a 13.32 as my fastes time! I got 13.65.. 13.86.. 14.23

Reactions: STERLING VOID and Salik Sajid
13.3 sec tht faster than stock A3 n close to S3 timing.....how were u launching ur car as it doesnt have launch control. Did u got TCU as well

Uploadfromtaptalk1442735478307

13:32.10

Were u reducing front tires pressure for better launch n wat gear were u using manual mode or S mode with trc full off or semi off?

I dont know why i feel manual mode faster than S mode as theres slight delay of shifting in S mode but not in manual mode, so ur best time is on S mode...did u got any tcu tune as well?

S mode shifts quicker than M mode on the S-Tronic box. If you launch in S mode and just let the car shift up, it won't crack on upshifts, it will if you use the paddles.

Seems a bit smoother in S as well.

I hope u wont stress out your transmission as its 7 spd S-tronic btw wat did u used mostly S mode or manual before stage 2 tuned

sure, once the dyno my friends bought arrives Ill measure it. the dealer told me it should easily yield 240 whp :)

Reactions: STERLING VOID