Stock exhaust pops and crackle

HDM

Reaction score
Hello, just bought a 2015 Audi S3 saloon and picking it up tomorrow. On the test drive I noticed the exhaust isn't as loud or exciting as I'd hoped, the videos I'd seen online have slight pops and crackles on the stock exhausts, is this not available on the 2015 model? What exhaust options do I have to get some pops and a bit more sporty with no drone on long motorway drives?

Congrats on the purchase, get some pics up after you've collected.

Deactivate/unplug the exhaust valves in the open position to start off with. This stops them auto closing at 1-3000rpm when you're more likely to get the pops/crackles and helps maintain noise at lower speeds.

Reactions: HDM
Congrats on the purchase, get some pics up after you've collected.

Deactivate/unplug the exhaust valves in the open position to start off with. This stops them auto closing at 1-3000rpm when you're more likely to get the pops/crackles and helps maintain noise at lower speeds.

Awesome just watched a video on it, what a difference it makes! All the pops and crackles come out to play! Will be doing this the moment it's home

Hi congrats on the purchase! You will struggle to get any pops or bangs on a Pre facelift S3 without replacing going down a resonator delete route or replacing the exhaust system. You will definitely get the DSG Farts on gear shifts when booting it specifically in dynamic mode. The facelift versions have the pops and bangs as standard and can be amplified further by installing a resonator delete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah resonator delete is your best option for better sound, I’d recommend the anti-drone BCS one, slightly more expensive but it gives you added sound without unwanted drone.

As others have said I doubt you’ll manage to get pops and bangs on a 2015 as that was added on FL models, something to do with engine mapping I think.

Congrats on the purchase though be sure to upload pictures once you collect!

There’s been mention on here and other forums that unplugging exhaust valves can affect performance.
Some rs3 have reported a drop of 70bhp after 5000rpm. Probably not noticeable by a driver but on dyno it’s very apparent. This is probably why some tuning companies make controllers or blanking plugs so the ecu can be fooled into thinking the valves are still operating as normal.
Not sure if this is an pfl or fl issue.

Reactions: Bells
Here's the car :) haven't unplugged it yet but I'm going to tomorrow, will look into plugs so I don't lose any bhp. Failing that an anti droning Res delete pop, what kinds money we talking and any recommendations?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210327-204529_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210327-204529_Gallery.jpg
    409.3 KB · Views: 159
Reactions: AlS3BE and Bells
Here's the car :) haven't unplugged it yet but I'm going to tomorrow, will look into plugs so I don't lose any bhp. Failing that an anti droning Res delete pop, what kinds money we talking and any recommendations?
Looks nice, great colour - sepang blue isn’t it?
BCS Powervalve Anti Drone res delete pipe was about £250 when I purchased mine brand new, think they offer a forum discount - being a site sponsor.

I’d probably not run a res delete and unplugged valves at the same time, res delete was definitely loud enough on its own for me but it’s all personal preference after all.