Still struggling with MMI : how to send places to car ?

Nickfrog

Reaction score
Hiya. The only way I have found is to access "my places" saved in Google Maps from my phone (S7) when connected via Android Auto : except you can't do that as "my places" doesn't exist in the navigation section of Android Auto (but it exists in the Google Maps Android app, frustratingly).

1 - What am I doing wrong above ?
2 - Is there a better way for me to send destinations/places to the car ?

Thank a lot.

Old of Sussex

Reactions: Theonenonly
Hiya. The only way I have found is to access "my places" saved in Google Maps from my phone (S7) when connected via Android Auto : except you can't do that as "my places" doesn't exist in the navigation section of Android Auto (but it exists in the Google Maps Android app, frustratingly).

1 - What am I doing wrong above ?
2 - Is there a better way for me to send destinations/places to the car ?

Thank a lot.

Old of Sussex

Log into app, “send” destinations to the car, then instead of going into the nav or maps go to Audi connect, my places and chose the destination from there, this will open it up in the Satnav.

Reactions: Nickfrog
MyAudi or mmi connect, I use my Audi as it looks better but it does show in KMs and not miles which does my head in!

Middle part of the app (menu at bottom)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    983.5 KB · Views: 749
Thanks. I have MyAudi so that's a good solution for new destinations.

However I was hoping that I could send my existing places/destinations in Google Maps to the car as I use Google Maps on my desktop too. Can you or someone confirm this is NOT possible please so that I stop trying LOL.

Thanks. I have MyAudi so that's a good solution for new destinations.

However I was hoping that I could send my existing places/destinations in Google Maps to the car as I use Google Maps on my desktop too. Can you or someone confirm this is NOT possible please so that I stop trying LOL.

You can indeed do that. You can set up Google maps to use your car as a destination then send as you would to a mobile. Those places then appear in the MMI under the connect app rather than Navigation.. It's confusing at first but does work

instead of going into the nav or maps go to Audi connect, my places and chose the destination from there

My Audi Connect in the car doesn't have "my places" - I did send a couple of destinations from My Audi App but no idea where to find them

My Audi Connect in the car doesn't have "my places" - I did send a couple of destinations from My Audi App but no idea where to find them
It's called something different I believe (possibly contacts) Wife has the car so can't check it right now, but know you scroll a long way through the connect menu until you get there....

You can indeed do that. You can set up Google maps to use your car as a destination then send as you would to a mobile.

Thank you - To set up the car in Google Maps it's asking me the Account ID (from manufacturer) - is that the code that came in a clear plastic sleeve with one of the keys ?

Hi Nickfrog
I use MMI Connect and when I log into Google Maps, Your Places / Visited - I can select the place I've previously been to and select 'send to phone'. This then lets me choose Car or S7.
Sometimes before starting a journey I open MMI Connect on the S7 and choose Find destination / Search (or select from historic searches) and from here Send...both methods work great. When in the car I choose Audi Connect and Destinations via myAudi.
Hope that helps.

Thank you - To set up the car in Google Maps it's asking me the Account ID (from manufacturer) - is that the code that came in a clear plastic sleeve with one of the keys ?

Replying to my own question - Google Maps doesn't recognise this Account ID...

Does anyone know what I am supposed to enter in Google Maps for it to find the car ?

I found the destinations in Audi Connect but it's asking for a PIN. No idea where to find that.

I know I am old but surely not every Audi driver is 19 ? Really poor experience so far, hate MMI from a simplicity POV compared to BMW or even the system in the Megane, which works.

You need to login to myAudi.com via a PC. This lists your Audi Connect Services and one of the options is Destination via GoogleMaps. There will be the option to link to your GoogleMaps account - Car and Google can then communicate....

You get the Pin from logging into my.audi.com / overview tab...I can't quite recall the exact steps, but after you have connected stuff on the PC, when you open Audi Connect in the car it will ask for the pin and everything should work...it did for me but was trial and error initially.

Thanks guys - I have reset Pin so will try that.

On the Google Maps front there is a little of progress however I still can't get Google Maps to find a car and there is a massive contradiction between what MyAudi tutorial say and what Googlesentocar says (it says the Account ID is from the manufactrurer), I don't know what to enter into the Account ID box please ?

Can anyone remember what they had to enter

This is a form of torture, surely :hubbahubba:
It is. I work in IT and struggle with the whole MMI thing...
Anyway, in your MyAudi account you have to enable send to car then that gives a code I believe that you enter in Google ..

You have 2 options - AccountID or simply enter the email address you use to login to your Google Account. Agree it is a PITA.

Thanks guys - I have reset Pin so will try that.

On the Google Maps front there is a little of progress however I still can't get Google Maps to find a car and there is a massive contradiction between what MyAudi tutorial say and what Googlesentocar says (it says the Account ID is from the manufactrurer), I don't know what to enter into the Account ID box please ?

Can anyone remember what they had to enter

It’s ages since I did this but I think all I did was:

1) go to my.audi.com, then Audi Connect and enter an Id in the “send destinations to google maps” section.
2) on the www.google.com/maps/sendtocar
Page (your screenshot), enter exactly the same Id that you used in step 1.

Edit - I think ?? you can enter any Id, it just has to match in both steps.

Reactions: chrisj75 and Nickfrog
Honestly can't remember how I got it setup, but once it is it's pretty seamless - on Android if I search for a location in Google Maps, I can then choose "share" then select the "myAudi" app and then send to car (you could also just search in the myAudi app in the first place).

In the car, you then need to select Audi Connect Contacts when entering a destination in the Nav, which is a bit counter-intuitive, but it does work.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

The account id is the email address/username that you use for your myAudi login.

Last edited:
Thank you so much everyone - all advice followed to the letter for both methods but to no avail. I will go to the dealer and ask them to do it all but pretty ****** off. Based on my experience, MMI has been very user unfriendly so far as it doesn't work. I am sure there are millions of happy users but I am not one of them as I can't even set it up.

Quite a few areas of confusion though:
I reset my MyAudi PIN online and it says the car will ask me to put in the clear plastic sleeve code again : it hasn't and I don't know where to input it.
Isn't there a 8 or 10 digit code somewhere too ? I wonder why I think that but I can't have made that up.

I still tried to use normal login instead with email and pw but you can only input CAPS so that's never gonna work unless I have missed something.

So now I have lost MyAudi alltogether, there is no connection. I have gone backwards.

The Google maps thing doesn't work either - I do put my email address (which happens to also be my myAudi email address) but that doesn't work. Is that because of the above ?

Any further help would be appreciated.

So my main question now that my car is not connected to myAudi any longer : how do I fix that ?

The thing I can suggest is to delete your myAudi account and start afresh. You can delete your profile from the My Profile option under Menu.

I am in IT as well but I beg to differ as I found it very easy to setup everything in connect first time....

Thx guys. Tempted by a master reset indeed but what about the 6, 8 or 10 digit codes (can't remember which)? I am sure I have used 1 or 2, but no idea where I got them from nor if I could find them again.

I am in IT as well but I beg to differ as I found it very easy to setup everything in connect first time....

I believe you but for clarity mine is not working so I can't really say it's good. It has so far been the most user unfriendly device I have encountered by a big margin. Even my teenage kids agree which probably tells me as much as I need to know. On reflection I am probably going to use up a lot of the dealers time so that the pain is equally shared LOL.

From memory the eight digit pin is generated when you set up your myAudi account. Once armed with this you go to the car and enter the pin into the MMI, this will establish the connection to Audi Connect. Not having a MY18 I don't know at what point in the process you the code on the key fob.

Ok now I am not a primary user anymore for some reason which may explain why it Doran work so I tried to create a new user in the MMI and it is asking for a 10 character code, not the plastic sleeve code that came with the car. Does anyone know where I can find that code ? I have now deleted the app on my phone but do I also needs to do anything else. I have now gone 2 steps back to how it was prior to this thread and I don't know how to get 1 step forward.
Really tricky to not call this rubbish. If you have to be an IT expert then I think Audi should warn their customers !

I now have no clue how the entire thing works tbh and I cant find any detailed guide in English.

I am tempted to drive the car through the showroom and walk back home LOL.

Probably speaking to myself now. I re-installed the app on my phone. I can't login anymore even though I use the same credentials as I use online where I can login.

3 steps back now. This is a joke - utter tosh.

Lock the car go away and make yourself a cup of tea, take some deep breaths. I assure you there is no IT skills involved in this, plenty have managed it fine but you've let it get to you.
Do you live in the south east? perhaps we could meet up and I will give you a hand..

Lock the car go away and make yourself a cup of tea, take some deep breaths. I assure you there is no IT skills involved in this, plenty have managed it fine but you've let it get to you.
Do you live in the south east? perhaps we could meet up and I will give you a hand..

I think you're right - will revisit tomorrow perhaps !

Reactions: cuke2u
MyAudi or mmi connect, I use my Audi as it looks better but it does show in KMs and not miles which does my head in!

Anyone know if you can change the unit of measure from KM’s to Miles in the MyAudi app?

Reactions: Theonenonly
Yeah it’s in app settings within the profile page.
46805994 A2A2 4C51 B985 6D65F34DEA24