Still Rough Idle

CurtisS3

Reaction score
Hi all,
my 2008 s3 Sportback recently starting revving on its self. when on idle and when coming to a stop with the clutch depressed. the revs sometimes go upto 2000rpm and then when it comes down it make like a miss fire sound..
since i have read about this problem on here before everyone seems to say replace the PCV. I've done this along with the gasket and still no change in the erratic idle.
has anyone got any more suggestions???
ive not had it scanned since it started maybe that would help i don't know as there are no engine management lights on etc.

any ideas welcome cheers curtis

Yes, plus ALL other vac hoses / pipes... Fiddley time consuming job.

Also check oil filler cap and dip stick seals.

ok. so now the engine management light has appeared, hopefully get it plugged in tomorrow. this may sound dumb but where are the other vac hoses/pipes and whats the best way to check for the leaks ??

ok. so now the engine management light has appeared, hopefully get it plugged in tomorrow. this may sound dumb but where are the other vac hoses/pipes and whats the best way to check for the leaks ??

I have got a code reader if your anywhere near Liverpool

if i unplug the MAF it flattens out back to normal. would people recommend to replace it ?????

bought a maf from TPS fitted, went on a run out still the same, revving unto 2000rpm then stuttering on way back down. still if i unplug the mac it flattens out. really annoyed with thud now, engine management light still on to. could do with a VCDS plug in, any one know of one in liverpool, warrington st helens area ???