Still no pre sense activation

sunshinewelly

Reaction score
After reading some of the posts about pre sense I have been expecting it to occur in the 10 days I have had the car. But no it has not happened. What actions cause the car the pre sense system to kick in

Reactions: v1rotate
After reading some of the posts about pre sense I have been expecting it to occur in the 10 days I have had the car. But no it has not happened. What actions cause the car the pre sense system to kick in

Funny I was about to post on this very subject!

My pre sense is set to the lowest level.. but today I got the full on emergency brake application because the car had spotted pedestrians ahead on a bend. It’s not smart enough to know it’s a bend and I’m planning on following the road rather than mounting the pavement and hitting the pedestrians!

I have had quite a few spurious activations since I got the car. Maybe once every month or more.

One of the many reasons why fully autonomous cars are much further away than some media commentators would have you believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Terminator x
If you've not specc'd the optional extras that extend the speed that it works, its only active up to about 30 miles an hour or something and unless you have it set to being fairly sensitive, you really need to driving right up folks *****. Mines has activated once when I forced it to, just to make sure its working. I had it on my Golf R and it was a real pain in the **** so I'm glad it seems to have been refined a bit.

I get it the most in reverse, if a car or person wanders past it literally slams on the anchors! Caught me out a few times as I could see the car etc and didn't see a problem.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

In 5 months of ownership I don’t think I’ve expirenced it either. Mines set to ‘medium’. I do however sometimes get the parking sensors go off in standing traffic (long bleep), could that be it?

Mine is now unobtrusive having set it to the lowest setting, however it saved me and my car one day when I came around a blind bend at 60mph to find stationary traffic queueing for temporary road works. Before I could react it pinged then applied the brakes, tightened up the seat belts and brought the car safely to a stop, without drama and without fuss. So don't knock it as when it's needed you will know.
It is also clever enough to know that after it pings you make a movement of the steering wheel or the brakes to show that you are in control and it's not needed. This is not about autonomous driving but devices that can save lives..
https://www.audi-technology-portal....er-assistant-systems/audi-a4-pe-sense-city-en

Last edited:
In 5 months of ownership I don’t think I’ve expirenced it either. Mines set to ‘medium’. I do however sometimes get the parking sensors go off in standing traffic (long bleep), could that be it?
No.....

Reactions: TC18
I get it the most in reverse, if a car or person wanders past it literally slams on the anchors! Caught me out a few times as I could see the car etc and didn't see a problem.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk
Do you have side assist? If so, then thats rear cross traffic that kicks in.

There is a software update for the front camera (used for pre sense) for better respons of the Pre Sense system..

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

I agree with @cuke2u, it will come on when needed. I've only had it apply the brakes a couple times when it thought there was going to be a crash.

One way that I can get it to work every time though, is if you are sitting at a junction waiting to turn right across traffic but when the junction is on a slight left bend for me. So essentially to the car it looks like oncoming vehicles are driving straight towards me as they approach. If I start moving forward to turn before a car has fully passed me it will jam on the brakes all of a sudden. Every time. Haha.

Reactions: cuke2u
Narrow streets with two way traffic triggers mine... it’s really helped me out a couple of times . I have it set to fairly high , and it rarely goes off without a real reason. Certainly grabs your attention when the car brakes itself ...
Reversing one time, there was a pedestrian with a dog ... I signaled them to cross, but they declined and signaled for for me to move, so I started .. then they started to cross right into the path .. car halted very abruptly.
The other time was dual carriage way .. doing 65.. looked down to change air con, looked up and a sea of red lights.. before I reacted, the car did .. that split second made a difference , breaking and also steering me away from in front.
I got the full driver assist packages, quite glad I did...

Reactions: cuke2u
I agree with @cuke2u, it will come on when needed. I've only had it apply the brakes a couple times when it thought there was going to be a crash.

WOW!!! Your lucky. We have been waiting far too many times for someone to do a Liberace on us far more than this stupidly dangerous system has looked like saving us, & it is set at the lowest. Any bend on a motorway, a vehicle traveling slower up ahead but in an adjoining lane or armco/large sign stanchions if we are in the left-hand lane. Oz is one of the worst places for lane changers and negotiating round-abouts. The system goes bananas, to our disgust.

Reactions: Daggerit
WOW!!! Your lucky. We have been waiting far too many times for someone to do a Liberace on us far more than this stupidly dangerous system has looked like saving us, & it is set at the lowest. Any bend on a motorway, a vehicle traveling slower up ahead but in an adjoining lane or armco/large sign stanchions if we are in the left-hand lane. Oz is one of the worst places for lane changers and negotiating round-abouts. The system goes bananas, to our disgust.
Like i said...ask your dealership for the software update.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

Reactions: Smileysam and Daggerit
Yeah, mine has only really pinged at 25-30, approaching a right hand curve with pedestrians on the nearside pavement. Never had it apply brakes. Set to medium.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Yeah, mine has only really pinged at 25-30, approaching a right hand curve with pedestrians on the nearside pavement. Never had it apply brakes. Set to medium.

Mine did this on Friday, emergency brakes on full, scared the living crap out of me and the pedestrians with a pram, I've since turned it off!

Mine did this on Friday, emergency brakes on full, scared the living **** out of me and the pedestrians with a pram, I've since turned it off!
What sensitivity was yours set to before you switched it off?

You have to turn the system off each time you start the engine as it resets itself on again at every manual engine switch off, not start stop..

To permanently switch it off you have to flash your front camera.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

Please do share how, just saying it can be done without stating how isn't really enough...
You can flash the front camera with VCP. You have to load new parameters in it with AEB off (automatic Emergency braking). And if you are ging to flash it, then you can also flash TSR parameters along with it :) so you have working TSR

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

Narrow streets with two way traffic triggers mine... it’s really helped me out a couple of times . I have it set to fairly high , and it rarely goes off without a real reason. Certainly grabs your attention when the car brakes itself ...
Reversing one time, there was a pedestrian with a dog ... I signaled them to cross, but they declined and signaled for for me to move, so I started .. then they started to cross right into the path .. car halted very abruptly.
The other time was dual carriage way .. doing 65.. looked down to change air con, looked up and a sea of red lights.. before I reacted, the car did .. that split second made a difference , breaking and also steering me away from in front.
I got the full driver assist packages, quite glad I did...

65kmh? Mph. Wasn’t aware it operated at this speed