Stifler build thread

Its half plug and play with wire clips
T2eC16NEE9s2ufgoMBRHDTtjPrg60 12

Reactions: Dani_B19
I finished today's fitment with half success :D
Cupra lip and boot lip done.
Drl led with resistors done but inspecting resistors because they are very hot and don't want to melt something.
Led for registration plate drops out warning light :(
Side lights without warning light but after 5 min one went out. :(

20160319 115848
20160319 124011
20160319 124017
20160319 133818
20160319 133835

now fella, where you going to stick your new plate mate, off to the side ???

Splitter and applied do look very good mate.

Gutted for the lights, did say though you may encounter issues.

tony mc
yes, i want to order rs6 grill and with some fabrication to fit.
Like this:
P1020022

Dani_B19
Thanks, for sidelight sometimes is working sometimes not, i gonna order new set and try with that.

Reactions: Stanningtonglen
tony mc
yes, i want to order rs6 grill and with some fabrication to fit.
Like this:
View attachment 84761

Dani_B19
Thanks, for sidelight sometimes is working sometimes not, i gonna order new set and try with that.

you do relise that it's not a quick and easy mod to fit an rs6 grill mesh into an A4 surround, agreed it looks great but a fair bit of cutting and fixing involved and very careful cuts and fixes if you want it too look spot on, good luck with it and show us some pics as you progress with it.

Yes i know. I want to buy also a spare a4 grill, and to have plenty time to play with it.

Great work Stifler. All is coming along nicely.

Yes, as Ive mentioned a few times before, LED lighting in our Audis are simply a mind field. Ive experimented with all, and my advise would be to stick to 'CREE' LED lighting as the power output will be brighter compared to others.

Ive got LED sides which said canbus error free and they worked to my surprise. If not, the resistor route will work. :)

Oh sure but for which ones?

Ive got H11 LED fogs with load resistors
Side light LED's with no load resistors and they work fine great as they are canbus/error free!

Reactions: Jack Kelly and Dani_B19
Sorry stifler my bad, should have pm'd instead.

Thanks drstrange.

Reactions: DrStrange
No problem mate. I also gathering infos.
I find some alloys. But they are different size. Front 225 35 19 8.5j rear 235 35 19 9.5j. I don't how my quattro system like it. After holidays i gonna pick them up. :)

Hopefully it wont be an issue but theoretically I cant see how it will be good for the distribution of power being 4WD.

No problem mate. I also gathering infos.
I find some alloys. But they are different size. Front 225 35 19 8.5j rear 235 35 19 9.5j. I don't how my quattro system like it. After holidays i gonna pick them up. :)

Going along nicely with the build..
with regards alloys i do have the same 2.0t quattro and I am running 19x 8.5J , 19x9.5J rims form more than a year with no issues.
on a side note: I do have a same size tyres all around despite the inch difference between the front and rears. (235/35/19) which comes up with a very light stretch at the rears. and make sure you check the offset of the wheel you about to buy,as you may require some spacers in order to get everything running sweet.
and as you're going on with the build if there is one mod I can really recommend then its the RS4 rear antirolbar!! you wouldn't believe the difference it makes to the handling.

Reactions: tony mc and DrStrange
TOM.S
Thanks. Your car give lot of inspirational ideas. I find your build first on nicks blog and i didn't know that you are also on audi sport. Can you give advice where to look for spacers. I have similar alloys.
086dda005f5a24e71903c5fad5e0119e2fd5396f56ae1f3cfaad346dfecfd986

Reactions: TOM.S
thanks bud ;) I ain't anything special compared to some of the legends in here.
most of things i got and know came from this forum so just stick along as ASN seems to be the best source of inspiration,information and advice.
with regards the spacer it really depends on ur budget.if you can afford to spend more go for well known web shops/ vag retailers, if you're running with low budget the ebay might be your best option. generally the more you search the better deal you may find.

You are to humble. :)
Yes we can find here very skilled Audi owners. And we can pick up ideas and jaws from floor :D
For budget is now very low. I spent to much on turbo upgrade but still only on half way. Hopefully next week i can pick up alloys and turbo.
Still missing intercooler, cat-back and pcv delete. And to many mods on my list to do and spend money :D Maybe if i win on lottery :D

Ohh I know the feeling mate :D FMIC,exhaust a good remap and colour change etc etc have been on my list for soo long, still haven't got there yet £££ are always needed elswhere.

For FMIC i think i gonna go with R techs wellycooler. For cat back probably milltek because i find some exhaust fabricators but the prices was 3500 , 1600 and 990. And new milltek is 650 :D For remap is Mrc the winner because i didn't find to much AWD remapers.

Great progress thus far mate.

FMIC
A big one is not necessary. This would only be beneficial for big power. I have friends running 400hp on standard sized ones and they work effectively. After this point, then possibly look into oversized ones. Also, you must factor in the additional weight.

Exhaust
Everyone is entitled to sell things at whatever price they feel, however in my opinion (and so many others) they are simply VERY expensive for what it is you are actually buying. Please re-look into the custom fabricators as they shouldn't ever be more pricey then Miltek. Are the above prices for Turbo back or Cat Back? Im in South West London and im 100% going this route when the time comes.

Remap
Yes, MRC are regarded as one of the top Remapers, but do consider one of the site sponsors on here for this. They are all fantastic in their own right with countless hours of doing VAG cars. R-Tech, Shark Remaps, Badger 5, Unicorn, Paul@Unit 9. Depending on location.

Hope the above helps :)

Reactions: Stifler
Thanks for advices. DrStrange

For IC still don't know what to do.
For Exhaust I wanted to spend about 300-400. If you know somebody let me know. I want cat-back, i have already bought downpipe.
For remap MRC is best for me because its also in Banbury

Today's was second Christmas for Me :D

19 inch allyos
20160405 213014

Hybrid K03 turbo with K04 internals ;)
20160405 173729

Reactions: Sean_, Stanningtonglen, DrStrange and 2 others
Thanks for advices. DrStrange

For IC still don't know what to do.
For Exhaust I wanted to spend about 300-400. If you know somebody let me know. I want cat-back, i have already bought downpipe.
For remap MRC is best for me because its also in Banbury

No problemo pal.

For IC, theres loads to choose from. I cant imagine they would deviate much. Contact MRC and see what IC they recommend. But not the big one.

Yes, sounds like a good budget for exhaust. I will be going custom route direct from Turbo back. So, De-cat 2.5inches all the way to the slim line back boxes.

In only know a couple around London so probably not the best recommendation for you.

Love a hybrid turbo.

BBT seems to be killing it with this.

Fully locked on..

Not to much luck with alloys :D
First alloys catch calipers on front, but i find spacers in Halfords, then bolts are to short... Ordered longer from Awesome Gti site, but they dont have on stock, but ebay is my friend :D I need to wait till Wednesday :(
And i find used Miltek exhaust. :)

After long battle with spacers and spigots its done. :D

20160412 182952
20160412 193549

Reactions: DrStrange and TOM.S
Today i was in Leeds for used Milltek exhaust. And meet Craig Cullingworth and see his RS4 and the old Audi A4 big turbo build. Thanks for exhaust and pleasure to meet a big Audi modifier and builder.

20160416 165000

Reactions: Steaudi
Craig is a top lad and knows his stuff too, and his rs4 is the nuts too

Today's fun was converting 1din to 2din and installing mic and gps wires to app radio 3
20160417 110211
20160417 174446

Reactions: Dani_B19
that looks a fiddley job, looks good though stifler your moving along nicely with the mods, hurry up an get that turbo on, i need to see vids of it in action

Thanks. Yes it was. I started in morning and it took me all day.
I wish also but after speaking with Craig first i need to upgrade my clutch... and to find decent intercooler. I don't want to do remap and to find out that my clutch starts to slip :(

Some pictures from trip to Leeds
IMG 20160413 192928
IMG 20160419 030911
IMG 20160419 031000
IMG 20160419 031024

Reactions: Stanningtonglen