Stevenage car meet crash.

That's awful.

I used to go many moons ago

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

We had a similar thing here in Peterborough last year

Meet closed down for a while but soon started again , we have a number of estates where they meet up and race .
It has also been rumoured they are now using the sections of parkway ( ring road ) to race around

Accident waiting to happen

Reactions: Audi Bairn
As you say, accident waiting to happen.
No safety measures for spectators.
I don't know all the facts but the very fact that an RTC occurred someone will be held accountable, and they can probably have no complaints.
Insurance void too I suspect.
Hope all injured recover quickly.

It looked like the car pulling out junction did so and car travelling way to fast fast collided with it .

Reactions: Tj 0785
Yes car was flying down the strip which is what they all do showings of the car, don’t know what the dude pulling out of junction was thinking he had no chance to get in front of him and if he actually looked he would of seen the other ways flying towards him, both will (and should)
Be done by police but I’d blame him pulling out of the junction

Reactions: DieselJake and Pinky1959
Surprised that this sort of thing doesn't happen more often, looking at some of the videos from Meets all over the country. But there's always going to be show offs. If the Meet is shut down another will spring up and so on. I remember going to a few on Princes Street in Edinburgh over 30 years ago, police showed a presence and were quite happy that we were in the one place but concentrated on when cars/bikes were leaving.

It has also been rumoured they are now using the sections of parkway ( ring road ) to race around
I've driven home from Peterborough many times after 9ish and see plenty racing around Frank Perkins Parkway and all around there. Extremely dangerous.