1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stevenage car meet crash.

T-800 Jul 19, 2019

1. T-800

T-800 Guest

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Raiden

Raiden Well-Known Member

That's awful.

I used to go many moons ago

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

4. Rich76

Rich76 Well-Known Member Team Phantom TFSI Owners Group Audi A4 S-line owners group

We had a similar thing here in Peterborough last year

Meet closed down for a while but soon started again , we have a number of estates where they meet up and race .
    It has also been rumoured they are now using the sections of parkway ( ring road ) to race around

Accident waiting to happen

Audi Bairn likes this.
  5. Audi Bairn

Audi Bairn Moderator Staff Member Moderator TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Team Navarra Audi S3 saloon quattro S tronic DSG

As you say, accident waiting to happen.
    No safety measures for spectators.
    I don't know all the facts but the very fact that an RTC occurred someone will be held accountable, and they can probably have no complaints.
    Insurance void too I suspect.
    Hope all injured recover quickly.

6. Pinky1959

Pinky1959 Well-Known Member

It looked like the car pulling out junction did so and car travelling way to fast fast collided with it .

Tj 0785 likes this.
  7. Tj 0785

Tj 0785 Well-Known Member Silver Supporter VCDS Map User Bronze Supporter Audi S3

Yes car was flying down the strip which is what they all do showings of the car, don’t know what the dude pulling out of junction was thinking he had no chance to get in front of him and if he actually looked he would of seen the other ways flying towards him, both will (and should)
    Be done by police but I’d blame him pulling out of the junction

DieselJake and Pinky1959 like this.
  8. Alistair D

Alistair D Hey GOOOOD looking Audi A6

Surprised that this sort of thing doesn't happen more often, looking at some of the videos from Meets all over the country. But there's always going to be show offs. If the Meet is shut down another will spring up and so on. I remember going to a few on Princes Street in Edinburgh over 30 years ago, police showed a presence and were quite happy that we were in the one place but concentrated on when cars/bikes were leaving.

9. Adam14

Adam14 Well-Known Member Team Glacier Team V6 Audi S5 Coupe

I've driven home from Peterborough many times after 9ish and see plenty racing around Frank Perkins Parkway and all around there. Extremely dangerous.