stereo question oem or aftermarket

SHAKEY LFC

Reaction score
right ok hopefully will be picking my car up tomorrow after a long wait well feels like a long wait 5 days.

need a question answering please will an aftermarket stereo fit straight in to the car or do i need other bits?

my car has full bose system so will i get better sound off oem or aftermarket.

and last one i have iphone 4s and if the aftermarket one wont go in the car what can i get to play the music off me phone on to the stereo.

I recommend the stereo/screen on my modification thread it's fab and has a special iPhone connection and has sat nav and hands free it's like £300 and you need to get an inexpensive double din facia as well

ok sounds very good but not got 300 at the min you got a link for the future.

i have a stereo at the min but just what to play my music throught the iphone but will deffo get one of them stereos you have said there,sound awesome.

Upgrade to RNS-e and then add MMI and Bluetooth, job done! Can keep your Bose setup then...

I would go for a pioneer double din set up which will probably be within your budget. You will also get more out of the pioneer as it has so many features, for the fraction of the price of an rns-e.

I have a stereo here its the cd less 1 with the iphone connection,but wasnt sure if it will plus i would profer a double din look so much better.

What would i need if i was to put the single din in the audi,
Or if i got a double din what would i need to fit them in.
Are they just a straight plug and play?

Facia for each one and the necessary adaptor for the cables
My double din didn't need a bracket thing to fit as it was the full size but a single din will need a bracket thang as well

When you say a bracket thing what is that exactly?

I will stick to the single din for will get springs for car first.

So i need is the bracket thing lol

ah the bracket is the thing which holds it in place
the standard radio is doulble din so no bracket is needed for another double din but to go single you need a bracket, halfrauds will tell you which you need

stay well away from halfrauds!
i was doing a double din conversion today and the person i was doing it for was given the wrong cables by halfrauds!

if you need cables or a decent priced stereo then go to either car audi security or Dynamic sounds. both have internet shops and provide great service and advice.

Shakey lfc... what do you currently have in the car? double din or single din? also what year is the car and what is your max budget?

I have standard stereo in the car at the min,but i have got a sony cd less stereo here to put in but not sure what to do put that in or get a double din,budget got about 250 mate.

its 2004 aswell

Last edited:
I have standard stereo in the car at the min,but i have got a sony cd less stereo here to put in but not sure what to do put that in or get a double din,budget got about 250 mate.

its 2004 aswell

Is your standard unit currently fitted a Concert or Symphony?

£250? well the fitting kit is going to cost you about £70, thats the fascia and the adapters to get the aftermarket one in, thats if you already have the double din in the car

If you currently have a single din audi headunit in there then you would have to do a double din conversion which costs about £170 in parts alone.

right so a single din will cost 70 to get it into the car fitted.

double din will cost 170 wooo didnt think it would cost that much just to get the fittings.

so i will be fitting my sony single din then.

plus the car has bose system will i need any other bits for that or will that all come in that 70?