Steering Wheel

stoakseya4

Reaction score
Hi

A few of you guyz have put on a flat bottomed steering wheel.

I've been offered a TT Flat bottomed jobby. Do you know if it'll fit the B5 RS4? Been offered it for £180 w/o the airbag.

What airbags fir in it, so I can start searching?

Ta awfully...

:jester:

Pretty sure it can be made to fit (old or new TT)... not done it myself, but if nobody else offers something, then Gareth @ HazzyDayz is your best bet... both for knowing which parts and sourcing them (although PJMspeedy is a good bet for parts if you go-it yourself)...

stoaksy, im sure it can be done mate, but at that money id buy it anyway, bargain.

also, dont be fooled into believing that the a8 airbag fits it, theres a few people on the bay advertising it will, it WONT mate.

is your existing wheel multi function, if not then should just be a case of correct slipring or loom to trigger airbag.
as losty said, gareth at hazzy days will be able to help but id just pick his brains and do it yourself mate, not a big job once you know youve got the correct parts.

If you search about on the Yank forums there are some lovely retrofit FBSW and RNS-E B5 pic's :thumbsup:

Check ol'stoaksey and his Bargains you git...;).
Yeah Buy it asap mate even if you dont want it in the end.Quids in!

Thanks - thought it was cheap... It's not punched leather, just plain leather. It's a Multi-function wheel, but my extg wheel isn't. Doesn't worry me that I'll have buttons without function on there so that's cool.

Cheers 1wheel - looking at talking to Gareth tomorrow.

The seller has said a 'snap ring' from ebay is about £20...? His mate has also said he can fit for £30-£50, but need to make sure it all works as wouldn't want it not firing if I need it to!

Cheers Bub - don't go on the Yank sites that much - find them really hard work, as they're very aggressive...

J7USS - expensive month! Cambelt service at £650 this weekend. Hotchkis ARBs at £400. FMIC yesterday at £350. Oh and I've bought some shoes too :faint: :asskicking:

Might have to buy the Mrs and rugrat something as well seeing as it's Christmas :sorry: