1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steering wheel

Luke stamper Aug 14, 2019

1. Luke stamper

Luke stamper New Member

Hello guys and girls

I need some help with steering wheels, I currently have an Audi A4 b8 2010 (non S-Line sadly) I am wanting to change my steering wheels as I hate the one I have, could you tell me which ones will fit my model please, the steering wheel is multifunctional I think it’s a 2-3 spoke pictures of the one I have have been uploaded

Regards

Luke

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Marky007

Marky007 A4 Sline Team Silver TDi saloon Audi A4 S-line owners group Manual

15657823772157599511229645108189.jpg you could go for all multi function steering wheels from a b8 and b8.5 am 90% sure picture above is one in my b8.5

Luke stamper likes this.
  4. Luke stamper

Luke stamper New Member

Cheers mate I’ll have a look at some

5. ginho1981

ginho1981 New Member

Hello guys, does anyone retrofit an audi a1 sline steering on a b8 or b8.5. Are all the sline like the one on the picture the same size? I want to buy one from audi a1 to retrofit on my car. Is this possible?

thanks

6. makelja

makelja Active Member Saloon Team Tango Audi A3 S tronic

You will run into problems with the airbag. In B8 there is a dual stage and in A1 it is single stage. Also fitment could be different.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019 at 7:53 AM
  7. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Man TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Gold Supporter Team Tornado Audi S4 Black Edition quattro S tronic

I agree with @makelja , these things are rarely straightforward. A lot of forum members have bought steering wheels online only to find all sorts of compatibility issues once they try to fit them. It's a minefield.

The only time I swapped wheels was on my B7, when I changed to a multifunction wheel with paddle shift. I did the sensible thing and brought in an expert to do the job for me (@NHN :) ) and even then we were caught out by the existing slip ring not being right for the new wheel. It just meant a couple of days wait to order in the right slip ring but it illustrates how many variables there are, and that's wasn't a switch between different models.

8. makelja

makelja Active Member Saloon Team Tango Audi A3 S tronic

I have done that four times and always bought same car type steering wheel. Just to be on the safe side. Since it is a security issue also. Messing with the cables on the airbag is never a smart thing.