Steering wheel retrim alcantara

Ben shults

Reaction score
just a recommendation had my wheel retrimmed by royal steering wheels!

The quality is better than oem

Awesome job!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3,822
Reactions: HHS3, ron burgandy, millsy4002 and 1 other person
He lives close to me so I got it fitted by him but if your a distance away, he will charge a surcharge for the return of your old wheel

Looks nice! I'm guessing you have a blue car? :)

I got the same done last year, but without the middle indicator.

Did you go for the extra padding or over the original leather?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Yeah sprint blue! Over the original leather

Reactions: leshkin
If you wear soft gloves then the alcantara won't get stained or go shiny.

You don't really need gloves, just keep your hands clean when you are driving. I started to keep a packet of non-fragranced wet wipes to make sure that I don't spoil it if I was at a petrol station or messing in the engine bay.

I try to do a weekly light clean with a lightly damp microfibre cloth, then a more in-depth clean using a good fabric cleaner and a fabric protector every 12 months or so:

This is originally from Jack to help with keeping it looking great:

Alcantara cleaning:
In order to preserve the beauty of Alcantara it is recommended that regular cleaning is carried out.

Daily cleaning:
It is sufficient to dust Alcantara using a soft brush, a dry cloth, or a vacuum cleaner.

Weekly cleaning:
After having dusted Alcantara, run a slightly moistened white cotton cloth over it. Avoid the use of printed absorbent cloths/papers as they can release ink onto the material

Yearly cleaning:
Dust the material with care; moisten a soft cloth or a sponge in clean water, wring it thoroughly and run it over the whole Alcantara material, making sure not to wet it excessively; rinse the cloth or sponge and repeat as necessary.

Leave to dry (overnight). Once dried, in order to restore the material, brush it delicately with a soft bristle brush.

It may seem like too much hard work, but the result is an amazing steering wheel feel, grip and it also looks pretty cool :)

Reactions: Sayam
Looks nice mate good choice! I've had my eye on Royal Steering Wheels for a while but I've got to wait for the funds and have other plans I want to do first! I'll probably go for perforated leather sides, nappa top & bottom, white stitching and I'm debating whether or not to have a red strip in the middle at the top hmmm..

How do you like the strip on yours? What's it like having the steering wheel slightly thicker?

The thickness is so much better over the standard wheel! Much better feel!

I like the centre stripe

The thickness is so much better over the standard wheel! Much better feel!

I like the centre stripe

Sounds good mate, I do like the flat bottom steering wheel as it is but can imagine it feels nicer being slightly thicker, especially as I have large hands!