Steering wheel re trim/repair

Gerard Grimalt

Reaction score
Hi guys i am looking for any places that re-trim / repair leather steering wheels as my wee boy (2 yr old) has climbed into drivers seat and chewed the steering wheel, im not best pleased atm!! Its got to be in the glasgow area as i havent got time to travel far.

Any help will be much appreciated!!

Reactions: fast-ferret
That looks like top notch work, what sort of price would I be looking at for something similar? (And how long were you without it?)

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep top service from him had my old wheel done

[/URL]
d9d5371a3094ef007995ed7153b26920.jpg

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

That looks like top notch work, what sort of price would I be looking at for something similar? (And how long were you without it?)

Thanks

He's does a exchange service so I drove over to him at Aylesbury (luckily only 15mins away from me)
But he will post out a wheel to you if it's in stock. I'm sure he stocks Audi wheels as enquiried about my old one being retrimmed but as it happens only replaced it with a Flat Bottom yesterday

I went for the exchange service. iirc think it was £120 for the retrim and £100 deposit which you get back once you've sent your old wheel to him. He as mentioned above sends you a wheel (if in stock) done to your specifications and you send him your old one.

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

£120 sounds reasonable, I wouldn't need the exchange as I have a spare wheel due to me buying a wheel, fitting it, then realising that it wouldn't be any good as I have lane assist and the wheel has a buzzer in one of the spokes, but I can do without lane assist whilst the wheel is being done.

He's does a exchange service so I drove over to him at Aylesbury (luckily only 15mins away from me)
But he will post out a wheel to you if it's in stock. I'm sure he stocks Audi wheels as enquiried about my old one being retrimmed but as it happens only replaced it with a Flat Bottom yesterday

Hi mate, did he swap yours for a flat bottom one or did you buy that from somewhere else?

My wheel is now with Royal Steering Wheels, going to be a long 1-2 weeks! I'll furnish with pictures once I get it back.

Reactions: 8BallAddict, Keef and feva
I've ordered a exchange with them. My standard round one for a flat bottom one! Should be getting it delivered middle of next week!

Reactions: Marky007 and Meemo
ooo how much is an exchange costing for flat bottom?
looking forward to seeing what you get back at then end :)

£190! Will have red stitching and the perforated textured leather at the sides! I'll post up a pic when I get it.

Reactions: Meemo and Steveredman
Sounds like good value! Mine will be about £155 delivered for the retrim, smooth leather top and bottom with perforated sides and purple stitching, had to stick with the 4 spoke wheel for lane assist warning.

Reactions: 8BallAddict
Just received a steering wheel sized box in the post

Looking forward to getting this fitted later this afternoon.

64cad309dd1e72747810cafdabaae36b.jpg
cc27e1a5140bfb9b91ac7373eb498d70.jpg
83661c521ee27ebb8992643560888ba8.jpg

Reactions: Jonesy80 and Meemo
There we go, and compared to the s-line 3-spoke which I've been using in the meantime. Happy with the wheel, Royal Steering Wheels have made it fit for a king

255e89e525b9ee724d3833421c6c91f8.jpg

1a807b000f596eaf783ff6bab5114fc9.jpg

Reactions: gary_a4_quattro, feva and 8BallAddict
Funnily enough, just had the time to get my new one fitted! After a bit of a mixup with delivery (My wheel got shipped to someone else and I got sent their order) I got it delivered and I must say, very very impressed with the results. As promised, they sent me a flat bottom one to replace my standard round one.....

803c2d45e5d69b2608a45ac0536c9a84.jpg

It's thicker, got the perforated leather as agreed and the red stitching as requested. Fitted it this morning and yeah, very happy!

bdd9cac010c3b63e91e0abcd2142b3d4.jpg

64efc341dc4a1b89d16ed1d1e0e9f16c.jpg

Reactions: Marky007, andyay123, Lavis89 and 2 others
The flat bottomed one looks really nice, it's a shame that wasn't an option for me with the lane assist, but I'm very pleased with the result and it's much nicer to the touch as well which makes driving more enjoyable

Wouldn't mind changing mine for a flat bottomed one, look so much nicer! Are they easy to change over yourself or is it best to take to local garage? Don't want airbag going off in my face

Wouldn't mind changing mine for a flat bottomed one, look so much nicer! Are they easy to change over yourself or is it best to take to local garage? Don't want airbag going off in my face

It's easy mate, disconnect the negative off the battery (I then left it with the key in ignition for 5 mins to let it discharge, just to be sure. 4 screws and a bolt and your done. Peasy!

Funnily enough, just had the time to get my new one fitted! After a bit of a mixup with delivery (My wheel got shipped to someone else and I got sent their order) I got it delivered and I must say, very very impressed with the results. As promised, they sent me a flat bottom one to replace my standard round one.....

803c2d45e5d69b2608a45ac0536c9a84.jpg

It's thicker, got the perforated leather as agreed and the red stitching as requested. Fitted it this morning and yeah, very happy!

bdd9cac010c3b63e91e0abcd2142b3d4.jpg

64efc341dc4a1b89d16ed1d1e0e9f16c.jpg
Just spoken to them. I have asked for the same wheel and sticking but with alcantara as well

Reactions: 8BallAddict

Loving the look of that, and also your carbon dash trim - got any more pics of that? Where did you get it done?

Loving the look of that, and also your carbon dash trim - got any more pics of that? Where did you get it done?

IMG 1226

IMG 1231

IMG 1225

IMG 1228

Got it all hydro dipped by Wicked Coatings in Poole. Wouldn’t hesitate to use them again either.

Reactions: andyay123