Steering Wheel Re-cover

RAF_S7

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
I've had my S7 since 2016, and regularly use a Diskloc security cover on the steering wheel on a regular basis (with a wheel protector). Probably one of the most effective theft deterrents on the market, and has been for quite a few years.

Anyway, after 6 years of use, the wheel was starting to show a bit of wear, and being an expensive wheel I wasn't going to buy a new one. Instead I reached out to Royal Steering Wheels who offer a wheel refurbishment service. Did a fantastic job, and can only recommend them if you need a wheel refurb. It took about 10 days, and luckily I had a spare steering wheel to could ship mine off and still have use of the car. Got them to stitch the leather in Porsche Yellow - to match my callipers. :racer:

Diskloc copy
Untitled   1 of 1 3

Untitled   1 of 1

Untitled   1 of 1 2

Reactions: billgatese30
I've had my S7 since 2016, and regularly use a Diskloc security cover on the steering wheel on a regular basis (with a wheel protector). Probably one of the most effective theft deterrents on the market, and has been for quite a few years.

Anyway, after 6 years of use, the wheel was starting to show a bit of wear, and being an expensive wheel I wasn't going to buy a new one. Instead I reached out to Royal Steering Wheels who offer a wheel refurbishment service. Did a fantastic job, and can only recommend them if you need a wheel refurb. It took about 10 days, and luckily I had a spare steering wheel to could ship mine off and still have use of the car. Got them to stitch the leather in Porsche Yellow - to match my callipers. :racer:

View attachment 254189View attachment 254190
View attachment 254191

View attachment 254192
That looks great, you can't tell the difference between OEM (other than the colour). Regarding the Disklok, it seems absurd that we are still using these devices ( I remember the Police recommending one to my mum in the early 90s ) however they do work. The latest crime wave appears to be stealing airbags. Apparently there's a shortage and less scrupulous bodyshops are using stolen ones. The victims are finding their windows broken and the steering wheel missing

Reactions: RAF_S7
That looks great, you can't tell the difference between OEM (other than the colour). Regarding the Disklok, it seems absurd that we are still using these devices ( I remember the Police recommending one to my mum in the early 90s ) however they do work. The latest crime wave appears to be stealing airbags. Apparently there's a shortage and less scrupulous bodyshops are using stolen ones. The victims are finding their windows broken and the steering wheel missing
It it's not Airbags its catalytic converters....
Always something.
This whole problem with keyless thefts needs to be addressed by the industry. I think most thieves are a few steps ahead of the manufacturers :frown new:

Reactions: Edd1e 123
Does look very cool mate! Do you use the small sock type cover that comes with the newer diskloks? I find it just adds that little extra protection, but not much

Reactions: RAF_S7
Does look very cool mate! Do you use the small sock type cover that comes with the newer diskloks? I find it just adds that little extra protection, but not much
Yeah I always use the sock.
After 6years, I think it was just wear and tear.
The wheel is a bit thicker than a standard wheel, which probably doesn’t help :racer:

Reactions: Eric_RS6
So a bit of a wheel makeover at the weekend.
Have added a perforated leather airbag cover, with matching yellow stitching.
And a set of carbon Lamborghini paddles.
The perforated and yellow stiched gearstick boot is waiting for next weekend :racer:

20221010 092146

Reactions: audiA7kidd, billgatese30 and Eric_RS6
Lambo Paddles
Untitled   1 of 1 1

Attachments

• 20221010_120017.jpg
    20221010_120017.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 75
Reactions: Eric_RS6
Job finished, including new gearstick gator, in perforated leather and yellow stitching, all curtesy of Lewis @ CarbonSteeringUK

20221013 131727

Reactions: Bishop187 and billgatese30