1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steering wheel lock column disabling help?

castiello Nov 4, 2018

1. castiello

castiello New Member

Hello there, a quick one...

Have you ever come across disabling steering wheel lock mechanism? I changed mine for a new one, then when second one broke down also, i had it repaired and now, year after, the problem is back again... I am not willing to pay even single buck to anybody again. I just need to disable it, it already cost me small fortune, that i could invest for example into MMI 3G plus retrofit, with no final solution. Still, this problems keeps repeating...

I read some article about disconnecting pin19 (if im correct - just a feedback pin) from steering wheel lock unit. Is it correct? Or do you know about any other solution please? Its really annoying unlocking it by VAG everytime I want to start a car... Also some guy one told me about soldering a diode somewhere on on pcb of that column... but I lost contact on him...

I am so desperate that I am ready to send anybody some money for just a hint how to disable the column once and for all... I have VAG, VAS, AVDI and KESS at my disposal... Also I can solder, wire, cut, anything with electronics... I just need a hint how to solve it...

So any good help appreciated...