Q5 Steering Wheel click/clunk when turning

Leebroath

Reaction score
Hey guys

Wondering if anyone can help me,

We have started to hear and feel a click/clunk coming from the Steering Wheel in our 2016 Q5 Sline. It’s more noticeable when turning left you feel the click then turn it a full turn and you hear the click again, a third time then your in full lock. This also happens when driving the motor so not just when stationary. Had it into the Audi Garage and they couldn’t replicate it, yet when I got back from Offshore I can do it straight off the bat. This annoys me because the car was in the garage and it’s 50 miles to get to it.

Anyone have an idea or had this same clunk/click issue?

Hey guys

Wondering if anyone can help me,

We have started to hear and feel a click/clunk coming from the Steering Wheel in our 2016 Q5 Sline. It’s more noticeable when turning left you feel the click then turn it a full turn and you hear the click again, a third time then your in full lock. This also happens when driving the motor so not just when stationary. Had it into the Audi Garage and they couldn’t replicate it, yet when I got back from Offshore I can do it straight off the bat. This annoys me because the car was in the garage and it’s 50 miles to get to it.

Anyone have an idea or had this same clunk/click issue?

Hi, if this clicking is coming from the steering wheel itself I would hazard a guess that it’s the “ clockspring” or airbag slip ring cable, you may only hear it occasionally to start with. I think they are about £150 ish to buy new.

Cheers mate, pretty sure the dam noise has went away now lol

Might still be a good idea for them to look at it tho