Steering wheel alignment

Djdjdjdox

Reaction score
I’m on my second c8 A6 (had both from new) and both have come with a slightly offset steering wheel. I.e on a dead straight road the wheel looks it steering slightly to the right.
The latest one has been in twice to audi and they claim to have made small adjustments but the issue has not been sorted.

audi claim the camber of the road effects alignment and there is no more adjustment possible.

However with my first a6 they were able to get spot on at the first attempt! Also my wife’s A3 is spot on so can be done.
Anyone experiencing similar?

Ps I know it’s a minor niggle and I’m being anal !

C8 a6. Had similar issue with this after front ball joint change.
Alignment was done into "green" zone, car started pulling and it felt weird when driving after that. Faster you went, more it pulled.
Anyway, ended up going to a good dealer and they found out that, even though its in green, rear wheels were actually trying to move cars back sideways a little bit.
They realigned it and car drives like new again :)
Beforeafter

In short, I never really knew it that rear wheels affect steering wheel alignment that badly. Find a good alignment guy in ur area who knows what it actually means, rather than just putting it in the "green". P.S I have no clue either.

Last edited: