Steering wheel airbag cover

billymc92

Kyalami Green Vorsprung- Sportback
Reaction score
Hi

Has anyone tried or know if these airbag covers are interchangeable? Much prefer the Second one down which isn’t as bulky and seems to be more squared off.

4641B747 D0C4 46D0 8358 2A48415374E2
AED8AEAF 48F5 4842 A259 E3F49D518EEA

I have this airbag cover ready to go on along with a flat bottom steering wheel. Will be next week when i put on.

I have this airbag cover ready to go on along with a flat bottom steering wheel. Will be next week when i put on.
Awesome! Can you take some pictures to document the process of airbag removal? Where did you get the airbag cover from?

I bought it off a fellow audi sport member heres a video/tutorial

Reminds me of something my copper mate told me. They went to a hit and run - Audi driver knobbed off. When they got hold of him he denied everything - until they noticed the Audi rings on his forearm caused by the airbag deploying!

Reactions: Terminator x and kayemill
Has anyone swapped their airbag cover yet?

The factory airbag covers are specifically made to tear in a particular way with thread of a specific breaking strain.

My betting is the aliexpress specials skip that little detail and will likely leave 4 rings on your face. I have seen one of those fancy covers off a blown airbag and it was whole and had a lot of blood on it.

Only airbag cover I would put on is one made by the OEM

Reactions: 8YARWY, Daggerit and kayemill
The factory airbag covers are specifically made to tear in a particular way with thread of a specific breaking strain.

My betting is the aliexpress specials skip that little detail and will likely leave 4 rings on your face. I have seen one of those fancy covers off a blown airbag and it was whole and had a lot of blood on it.

Only airbag cover I would put on is one made by the OEM

You’ll never ever know more than Audi designers, unless you are a Forum / Facebook user, in which case you are an expert on all matters of car design / type approval etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: flybynite