Steering system fault

h1r4

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Broke down last night in Milton Keynes. Was attempting to park the car and got this error message steering fault please stop car. Car was recovered to my home now just waiting for them to come again at 10am to take it to Audi. I'm not quite sure what has caused this issue but I believe it was because of a pothole on the m6 which was quite big and couldn't avoid as it was raining and at night. But that was on Friday And the car decided to do that Monday. Now the steering doesn't work at all. And it's not my fault but after doing some searching last night on forums I'm thinking Audi will more than likely blame me and put the cost of the repair on me.

Can anyone help?

Hi guys,

Broke down last night in Milton Keynes. Was attempting to park the car and got this error message steering fault please stop car. Car was recovered to my home now just waiting for them to come again at 10am to take it to Audi. I'm not quite sure what has caused this issue but I believe it was because of a pothole on the m6 which was quite big and couldn't avoid as it was raining and at night. But that was on Friday And the car decided to do that Monday. Now the steering doesn't work at all. And it's not my fault but after doing some searching last night on forums I'm thinking Audi will more than likely blame me and put the cost of the repair on me.

Can anyone help?

Only thing I can think of is to get Audi to put in writing that it was a pothole and then maybe claim it back from them if it comes to it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: h1r4
Advice on how to claim here https://www.potholes.co.uk/ The pothole could have damaged some component that deteriorated over time...
The car was acting funny over the weekend. I was going to get the tracking done this morning but couldn't for obvious reasons. There was vibrations coming from the drivers side, and it had been pulling to the left the last couple of weeks so was guna get that done. Just hope it's not something that's massively expensive and hopefully can claim the money back...

Reactions: Daggerit
It's not even my fault or the cars, these roads are just getting worse and worse and worse. Hopefully it's a easy fix /: they're not guna look at the car for another couple of days due them being busy and what not