Steering rack

s3_stig

Reaction score
Got a leak coming from the steering rack
i fink it's more than likely worn seals can they be replaced
or do you recomend just buying new steering rack and fitting it

thanks will:idea:

fleabay mate.
get one from a TT quattro as there are WAY more of them listed on than for the S3.
I got mine for £95 delivered (c/wtrack rods and ends) and it is pristine.

That sounds good mate are have a look.
Is there any where to get more of a sport steering rack quicker turn in and shorter turn to full lock

Yep, same as Ross. Got one from an Audi TT 225 (make sure it's the 225 engine) and got it fitted for around £140 labour. Total cost was just under £235. Not too bad considering it will cost £££'s for just the rack alone from Audi.

Yeah that's alot cheaper than I fault it would come to
good result than it's just a pain when you got other stuff to do is well

also mate when you get your old one out, well worth sending it for a recondition and selling it on. very likely you will recoup your buying and fitting costs. I googled and phoned around for power steering rack overhaul and got quotes as low as about £115 and that is delivered.

also mate when you get your old one out, well worth sending it for a recondition and selling it on. very likely you will recoup your buying and fitting costs. I googled and phoned around for power steering rack overhaul and got quotes as low as about £115 and that is delivered.

That's good mate I will defo do that then thanks alot for the help

Stig I saw a steering rack - totally refurbished and as new on pistonheads a week ago....try there!

G