steering rack

It would fit but its the wrong type... S3 is a quick rack... A3's aren't...

<tuffty/>

Just to add I got mine from a Leon Cupra R...it also has a quickrack

Just to add I got mine from a Leon Cupra R...it also has a quickrack

Did think that but as its not a quattro I wasn't sure if there were differences to allow for the DP and prop.. The LCR part is listed under a different part number (which is not on parts base it seems) 1ML 422 061A.... I am also aware that there are some differences in the track rod lengths and diameters across the different racks... can't remember the specifics though sorry...

<tuffty/>

Reactions: HansfishS3
Did think that but as its not a quattro I wasn't sure if there were differences to allow for the DP and prop.. The LCR part is listed under a different part number (which is not on parts base it seems) 1ML 422 061A.... I am also aware that there are some differences in the track rod lengths and diameters across the different racks... can't remember the specifics though sorry...

<tuffty/>

I put my old one and LCR one side by side when I had it off and they were exactly the same (with M16 tie rods)...fitted perfectly onto my S3 :)

Cool... It's not unusual for vag to use a different part number for the same part... Gives the OP some options at least :)

<tuffty/>

LCR/TT/R32/S3 all the same racks just different part numbers,

Yup, also fitted an lcr rack to mine. Was from a company called auto Steer direct on eBay that recondition them with a 2 year warranty. You just ring them up and they'll come and collect your old one.