Steering Rack Coding

S3 AEX

Reaction score
just fitted my gen 3 rack with the new loom on my S3 now need it coding. Does any body know any one who can do it me please in Sheffield area for a few beer tokens plz?!

Thanks guys an ladies

Just find someone with at least VCDS near you, coding and everything else isn't hard or secret.

Just find someone with at least VCDS near you, coding and everything else isn't hard or secret.
My mate who has done the work has vcds and other diag equipment. We just can't work it out how to code the rack! I don't think just having vcds is good enough, could be wrong mind.

I do 1st/2nd to 3rd gen steering racks swap every day for a living (done this to myself too). The procedure is quite simple, as long as you know where to go and what pin codes to enter :)
Most probably you have yellow steering wheel light on the dash and few trouble codes stored in both Steering Assist & ABS/ESP ecus.
If you couldn't manage it locally I think I could help your mechanic finish this job by-air.

I do 1st/2nd to 3rd gen steering racks swap every day for a living (done this to myself too). The procedure is quite simple, as long as you know where to go and what pin codes to enter :)
Most probably you have yellow steering wheel light on the dash and few trouble codes stored in both Steering Assist & ABS/ESP ecus.
If you couldn't manage it locally I think I could help your mechanic finish this job by-air.
Exactly rite mate, if you could help that would be brilliant of you mate and greatly appreciated.:grimacing:

just fitted my gen 3 rack with the new loom on my S3 now need it coding. Does any body know any one who can do it me please in Sheffield area for a few beer tokens plz?!

Thanks guys an ladies
When was the gen 3 rack released out of interest?