1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steering fault, please stop the vehicle.

Ben Harper Jun 28, 2018

1. Ben Harper

Ben Harper New Member

1500 miles on the clock.

Car won't start just comes up with message above. 1.4 tfsi sline saloon.

Disappointed with the breakdown. First one I've had for about 20 years! I've been lucky I suppose.

Audi tech on way in less that 45 minutes they've promised which isn't half bad I suppose.

Will post outcome shortly.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. DaveW

DaveW Active Member

Good luck!

4. Ben Harper

Ben Harper New Member

I was absolutely ribbing them last night. Can't help but think this is world cup related shadenfruede.

5. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group saloon Audi A4 S-line owners group

Probably in revenge for watching spoilt hairdressers and having tantrums? ;-)

Hope the issue is resolved soon...

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  6. Ben Harper

Ben Harper New Member

Audi tech spent a couple of hours trying to resurrect it with no joy. Got picked up and sent to local dealer. Been battling all day to get a replacement and no luck, constantly rings out and false promises when finally connected.

Tech from dealer says it looks to him like the codes have been stolen from the keys overnight! Nuts.

7. cuke2u

From both keys? Sounds a bit suspect..

WesT-gefül likes this.
  8. Ben Harper

Ben Harper New Member

That's what my missus said also.

They've finally made arrangements for an A4 from enterprise rentals to be delivered tomorrow dinnertime. Which is a bit poor really imo especially considering it was phoned in at 8am today. Oh well.

9. cuke2u

Unfortunately is seems replacement cars seem hard to come by theses days with enterprise. Also the guy who delivered my second one, as I rejected the first, was not the happiest of bunnies either..

10. Pidge79

Pidge79 New Member

Out of curiosity. What was wrong with first hire car

11. cuke2u

It was the previous model A5 coupe, I was told it was a saloon which doesn't exist, bits of trim were missing. I insisted on like for like so they gave me a rattly a4 b9 diesel manual avant, so close...

12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. Ben Harper

Ben Harper New Member

Not really fussed as long as it's clean and works. Just annoyed I have to have another day working from home (tortuously mastercating and world cup consuming)

14. cuke2u

Is there a world cup going on, you'd never believe it would you:
    DSC_0001-1632x918.JPG

At least some sanity this weekend...

BKing likes this.
  15. Ben Harper

Ben Harper New Member

It's football. Not Christmas. I'd consider moving :)

16. cuke2u

That's only a small slice of what we have to put up with...

17. pagenotfound

pagenotfound Active Member Team Moonlight TFSI Owners Group Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S-line owners group

I know, they've got a BMW in their drive - really ruins the look of the whole house and probably the neighbourhood as well

18. cuke2u

No it's worse than that as the residents of that house has a b-max hidden around the corner...
    Parked in its native position blocking the use of our drive...
    20180616_091350-2016x1512.jpg
    Anyway back on topic now, happy to discuss by pm...

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  19. WesT-gefül

WesT-gefül Active Member Bronze Supporter

Sounds very suspicious. Keep your keys away from the windows. Hope all gets sorted soon.

cuke2u likes this.
  20. Ben Harper

Ben Harper New Member

still looking at it. Had a new b9 2.0 black edition delivered with 2k on the clock on normal suspension. Hardly feels any different and looks marginally better. Paint is swirled already and it would be a nightmare to keep clean. Goes nice though.

Don think they know whats up with mine :-(

21. Ben Harper

Ben Harper New Member

That vehicle was an 18 too but was a bit strange. The speakers were magnificent sounding but I don't think it was the upgraded unit, it had no automatic hill hold button, it went like stink and is the engine I should've got, the interior just felt loads better but I think this was phycological, the seat was bloody comfy compared to mine. Was on standard wheels with blacked out rears.

Really weird. Both cars badged sline.

Anyway mine is back. It had as new convenience ECU which did nothing and a new steering column which worked. Feels loads cheaper, slower and the sound is ****! I wonder if the speaker wiring could be out of phase?

Haha