steering arm/pcv/driveshaft/bolt size

wuta3

Reaction score
hi all.. i am new to the forum and hoping somebody can help me out..
I have a 2007 audi s3 which i have a few problems..

1st.. when the car is on idle and i attempt to pull the dipstick out or take the oil cap of the car will start to struggle and go to cut out, i have heard people talk about problems with the pcv are thease any of the symtoms could it be the pcv valve??

2nd..does anybody no the size of the steering arm nut size joins onto the track rod end think its a 36mm but not sure and wanting to by the spanner for it??

3rd... and does anybody no what size spline socket it is for the driveshaft gearbox end was told its a triple spline but not sure and dont no the size as i am wanting to order a socket??

4th i am in the process of removing my driveshaft i just cant seperate it from the hub i have removed the 27mm bolt etc i have tried hitting it with a mallet numerous times and left it soaking in wd40 for houres on end it just wont move has anybody had a similar experience are the splines on the driveshaft seized inside the hub???

any help of the above will be greatly appreciated
thanks.. regards stan....

Welcome stan! I'm sure somebody will be able to help with this. In the mean time, get some ****** pics of ure car up! We love pics round 'ere :) :sign_pics:

I also need to know driveshaft nut size, tuftys guide says 17mm male hex, however mine appears to have a different nut, looks like a 12point nut possibly 30mm