Steel sports pedal covers - any difference between LHD and RHD?

cyhliu

Reaction score
Has anyone fitted the steel sports covers to their S-tronic B8?

The part number I have is 8K2064205 for RHD cars, however the dealer tells me that these aren't suitable for my car. I've seen some for LHD and wondered if they would fit.

I can't imagine that there would be any difference in the pedals between left or right-hand drive.

Hi

I bought these and they were a perfect fit although a pig to get them on.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191910858...c6d6e79f0b8&bu=43162394650&cp=1&sojTags=bu=bu

Quick delivery from Germany too.
I questioned the seller at the time regarding part numbers and he wrote....8K2064205 is RHD kit.
Give me 5 minutes and I'll try and dig out the part numbers from the individual pedals as I took some photos before fitting them.

S4int

Last edited:
These are the numbers printed on the reverse of the pedals, hope it helps....

Brake pedal: 8K2 723 173 A

Accelerator pedal: 4H0 721 891

S4int

Has anyone fitted the steel sports covers to their S-tronic B8?

The part number I have is 8K2064205 for RHD cars, however the dealer tells me that these aren't suitable for my car. I've seen some for LHD and wondered if they would fit.

I can't imagine that there would be any difference in the pedals between left or right-hand drive.
Bear in mind that when a dealer says a part isn't suitable for your car, that probably just means it wasn't fitted to your car as standard; ergo their logic is it's not the right part for your car. Unfortunately, many parts department staff either don't have the imagination to realise that people like to modify their car or they're instructed to tell people a part won't fit when in reality it will.

Reactions: RAF_S7
Cheers guys, going to get a set and will let you know how I get on...

The brake pedal lhd/rhd is different and the caps secure differently

LHD
D8 aa1635c42c9196c91ec49545db7e426b

RHD
80138 2

Reactions: jdp1962
Wow, that's quite a difference between them. Surprised, you would have thought they would make them the same. Will make sure I order some RHD ones now. Thanks.