Stealth tips for a Milltek exhaust.

Reaction score
I’ve just had a Milltek exhaust installed but I’m not that keen on the tips, they are a bit too big on an SE that I’m trying to keep subtle.
Has anyone got a recommendations for stealthier tip that they have fitted?

pics would help.
:thumbs up:
CC9C6995 204B 43A0 94CE 887F5FCEE0E9

Can’t believe I forgot to upload the pic! I think it may be hanging a little too low, I’m just not that keen on the size.

They look a bit larger because they are protruding a bit more than OEM and also hanging down a bit.
Well, they are larger in diameter to start with and the OEM diffuser cutouts are not that round so anything bigger than the OEMs will look bigger.

I had these on, sort of flush with the diffuser face and not too low.

You are not alone with the way milltek tips hang, many owners say exactly the same about the drop and extension beyond the diffuser.

Those tips I had fitted were not Milltek , but very similar but I fitted to the OEM back boxes so there was room for adjustment.

I think it all comes down to personal preference, some like them that way, others don't , maybe have a go at adjusting them for drop etc.

I had the issue of both tips dropping down too much as you can see in the first picture… I changed the rubber exhaust hanger and that pulled the whole thing much closer to the rear valance.
I did email Milltek about changing the tips as I wanted to fit there burnt Cherokee tips, if I’m honest they weren’t very helpful, just saying only the 90 and 100mm jet tips fitted my exhaust. I’m sure you could change the tips with little effort but I didn’t bother in the end.

Attachments

• 0A3EAB99-14C5-4D5A-BEA7-B5ED931FA1A3.jpeg
    0A3EAB99-14C5-4D5A-BEA7-B5ED931FA1A3.jpeg
    94.6 KB · Views: 87
  • 2D529010-65FC-4970-AE62-3F5342BDFA68.jpeg
    2D529010-65FC-4970-AE62-3F5342BDFA68.jpeg
    98.1 KB · Views: 80
Reactions: Charlie Farley
Hey Rob, someone has pinched your rear wiper...lol

• Haha
Reactions: Rob Avant
I had the issue of both tips dropping down too much as you can see in the first picture… I changed the rubber exhaust hanger and that pulled the whole thing much closer to the rear valance.
I did email Milltek about changing the tips as I wanted to fit there burnt Cherokee tips, if I’m honest they weren’t very helpful, just saying only the 90 and 100mm jet tips fitted my exhaust. I’m sure you could change the tips with little effort but I didn’t bother in the end.
I’ve got new rubber hangers coming tomorrow and I measured up and have taken a punt on some tips on eBay.

Will post pics when I test fit them.

Had a quick test fit tonight with the second set of exhaust tips from eBay, the first set had to go back after a mistake with the tape measure :whistle2:

I've replaced both rubber hangers but it does seem to be hanging lower on the left, I'll probably have time to adjust it at the weekend.
Much happier with the result now!

IMG 2396

• Love
Reactions: B7Tourer, tr7, NM07 and 1 other person
What size tips have everyone got? I've just had a quote for a Powerflow exhaust (£600) & they suggested 4" tips - which sounds terrifying..

I'm used to my 2.0tfsi standard tips (which are probably 2.5").

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder - has anyone got any pics to share? Thanks

Reactions: Charlie Farley
They look a bit larger because they are protruding a bit more than OEM and also hanging down a bit.
Well, they are larger in diameter to start with and the OEM diffuser cutouts are not that round so anything bigger than the OEMs will look bigger.

I had these on, sort of flush with the diffuser face and not too low.

View attachment 251796
I like this look - what size are these? (please)

Reactions: tr7
Was fed up with the motor failing constantly so it had to go. Pointless ugly thing anyway!
I find mine very useful - I fitted a cheap Chinese one when I first got the car - packed up within a year and never operated correctly. Then I fitted OEM Valeo, I think, and silicone sealed the washer pipe and waxoyled the hatch whilst the trim was off. Been good now for over 3 years. Why is it I still see mostly A3s, with the wiper mid pointing up always, ha ha.

Very nice exhausts, printmonkey. I am so jealous of proper dual exhausts. I hate the modern hidden square slot ones. It's why I loved my old Jags too - real class rear end ha ha.

What size tips have everyone got? I've just had a quote for a Powerflow exhaust (£600) & they suggested 4" tips - which sounds terrifying..

I'm used to my 2.0tfsi standard tips (which are probably 2.5").

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder - has anyone got any pics to share? Thanks
currently on these but going down in diameter a bit, when I can find some that it.
Rsbt

Reactions: Mothy69, B7Tourer and tr7
What size are they? I only need dual exit single tips. They look a good size- even though they are double dual tips. Thanks
They look larger bore than they really are, also the S4 valance cutout is a bit shallower.
90mm diameter, well each outlet..lol

I can't find a suitable replacement which means it's going to be a custom fabrication job, 80mm instead.