Stealth box for a A4 B5 saloon

Andy.B

Reaction score
Im after a stealth box for my B5 A4 but i dont like the Auto Acoustics box as they are very flimsy fiber glass backs to them and the sound isnt much cop from them. I want to put either my old Kicker Comp 12" in it or get my mates Eclipse Titamium 12". They both need around a 1ft cubed box.

Is there any other alternative than the Auto Acoustics box?

Or can these type of boxes be home made is there any guides on makeing one?

Yes the Auto Acoustics box is criminally bad. I bought one off ebay, tried it, and it went straight back on. Felt guilty selling it on as it was so poor.
Make your own is the only alternative, MDF is fairly easy or fibreglass if you feel brave.

Yeh have made loads of installs before out of MDF but i really dont want to loose the boot space by the seats, so if i could make a molded box then i will, i just need to find out how to do it first.

If there is a guide then ill have a read then have a go at it.

Depends what sub you had in mind. There are quite a few smaller subs that provide fantastic bass in very small enclosures, so MDF might still be a possibility without losing any boot space. Fibreglass will make better use of the available space but is obviously a lot messier and if not done correctly will give you dubious results.
Here's the enclosure I made for our B6 Avant, and also one I did for Wellhouse for his B5 Avant. Obviously you have a bit more room in the avants:
HPIM0615.jpg

B5Stealth.jpg