Stay away from RCIB

Status
Not open for further replies.

55_UK

Y.N.W.A.
Reaction score
Just a heads up really - stay as far away as possible from Right Choice Insurance Broker

Recently got a quote through gocompare.com, these were the cheapest, so bought the policy online after paying the initial payment.

Got an email saying your policy is not valid until we call you etc. A guy calls me, and starts going on about my points asking silly questions like so "whats this conviction all about"? what were you doing etc? surely a broker knows from the code, or at least from the description I put into the forms on gocompare.com.

anyways, next thing was - what is your ncib, I dont have any which I had put into the gocompare form, and too on their website - dude then goes, oh my boss wont agree with this, we cant insure you unless you pay a £1000 extra? His reasoning was that gocompare.com makes assumptions about you having a NCIB - I didnt agree as if they did, then why would they ask you to enter it again? how would they add the discount which depends on the number of NCIB years - an utter Stupid man!

I was angry rightfully, requested my refund, I am a young driver on an 08 plate Leon FR so my insurance was high, and deposit was £380 - it has been 10 days and no sign of a refund.

When you call them, tell them you are calling for a refund, you get transferred to a ghost line which nobody ansewers, I have wrote to them and gocompare.com - and as predicted received no response.

My next step is small claims court / FSA ombudsman. Spoke to a few other lads, they had a similar problem but were eventually refunded.

I can only imagine that they offer cheap quote, get the deposits in their account, then offer higher premium later and eat off the interest they make on our deposit.

Anyways, that is just my experience, I would not recommend gocompare or RCIB.

How did you pay? If by card contact the card company.

And thank you for the heads up, it may save others the hassle.

I have had this a few times, they tend to assume as I have been driving 10+ years i have at least 4 years or whatever number pops into there heads no claims. So a few years back when i had none they gave me a silly low price then jacked it right up. Go compare is not at fault.
When searching for insurance now i always call each company up individually that id consider using from go compare, and make sure they have 100% correct details. Usually i end up spending a full day over the course of a week shopping around, its a bit of a bind.
i use these guys now, and service has been spot on when needing to change policy details etc.

Your Cover Insurance from Allianz | Car Insurance & Home Insurance

Just so you know, the omnibusman team at the insurance co would normally fix your complaint before you get them involved. Sounds like youll get your refund one way or the other though.

My dad is a solicitor and he wrote to them on Friday, I got my refund first thing Monday morning without any written response from them. Goes to show they were just sitting on it making the interest and gave it when things looked a bit legal.

I have always found big companies like Direct Line etc cheaper, I had been with them but needed a cheaper quote now.

I will give Allianz a go. thanks

Another good old story from the price comparison sites. The cheapest isn't necessarily the best

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Tel: 03303 331250

wish we had a comprehensive list of who to keep away from.. but this is useful to know.

Sky gave me a realistic quote that I nearly went with - it was second on my list. Prestige managed to double that number!

Another good old story from the price comparison sites. The cheapest isn't necessarily the best

I have never known the cheapest of anything to be the best.
Caveat Emptor, let the buyer beware, you pay your money you make your choice.

Personal experience has taught me to look for the best deal and service rather than price.

Just for info, if you are using those compare sites, use a crappy email address specifically for it, ie:eek:ne you wont use for anything else.And give them your telephone number with the last digit wrong (give the correct one when youve bought the policy) as ive had phone calls whilst im perusing through the quotes from companies listed.Oh, and admirals 'multi-car' discount policy is a load of old baulix...cheaper to insure seperately.

Reactions: Scottyg
Just found this while I was on the phone to them trying to insure the latest 2 wheel machine.

Another testament to this excellent forum, they were indeed a complete bunch of silly billys.

AVOID!

I always google the company in question before I purchase any insurance online. Still find the site sponsors the best for modified Audi's though, comparison sites for standard cars.

Hi,
If anyone needs any help with insurance then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

Status
Not open for further replies.