Static noise?

Han4mi

Reaction score
Hi, I recently noticed a static noise when the speakers are turned off. It's a 2018 S3 with the B&O sound system. Anyone else with this issue?

Engine running or not?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I have had no end of issues with my B&O. Started off with static as you've described in my front left passenger speaker. Since it has then gone back to audi for a warranty repair & worked loved for 2 months. Now I have the same issue again, and last week its got even worse so will be going straight back end of this month!!

Great sound system... when it works!!

Reactions: Han4mi
I've noticed that the problem doesn't exist when the vehicle is stationary (engine on). Only happens when driving and you can hear it at lower speeds, when going faster the road noise, engine, exhaust mask it. I'm kinda annoyed as this is supposed to be a premium brand but the minor issues that I have with my car are starting to get on my nerves. Looks like it's gonna be a love hate relationship with my S3!

I've noticed that the problem doesn't exist when the vehicle is stationary (engine on). Only happens when driving and you can hear it at lower speeds, when going faster the road noise, engine, exhaust mask it. I'm kinda annoyed as this is supposed to be a premium brand but the minor issues that I have with my car are starting to get on my nerves. Looks like it's gonna be a love hate relationship with my S3!
Exactly the same issues as mine. Only when vehicle in motion. Shame as it is an expensive option! Glad i'm not the only one experiencing issues. Fairplay to audi they replaced it no problems, but frustrating its happened again after 4 weeks.

I think the S3 has some sort of sound actuator that pumps engine noise into the cabin? Maybe it's that...

I think the S3 has some sort of sound actuator that pumps engine noise into the cabin? Maybe it's that...

Exactly my thoughts on this as it gets louder if I put the gearbox into S mode. Gonna be a PITA for them to acknowledge this though as they had issues with replicating the squeaking exhaust too (it's getting replaced in the end though).

Last edited:

I've heard that can be a cause, but I get the same noise from my front speaker too (only at low speed) and don't have the sound actuator - I'm a lowly A3 owner ;) .

My dealer suggested it was interference from the coil packs. No idea whether this is true or not .

Took mine in today! dealer has a listen. Exactly the same as before- B & O soundsystem front passenger subwoofer replacement. Thats my second since ownership in November!!

Han4mi I notice your s3 is a 2018 like mine.. perhaps its something with that MY. Anyway all replaced FOC but I bet this second replacement wont last me till the end of the year!

Took mine in today! dealer has a listen. Exactly the same as before- B & O soundsystem front passenger subwoofer replacement. Thats my second since ownership in November!!

Han4mi I notice your s3 is a 2018 like mine.. perhaps its something with that MY. Anyway all replaced FOC but I bet this second replacement wont last me till the end of the year!

I'm taking my in for repairs next Friday (exhaust squeaking), I listen to music almost all the time and the static noise isn't noticeable then so I might live with it for a while and see if it gets any worse.

By front passanger speaker you mean the one in the pillar or below the windshield? I'm not sure where the noise in mine is coming from.