SQ5 Startup in dynamic mode artificial sound

Crazynutter

Reaction score
So a little bit of backstory. I currently own a 2015 SQ5 which i bought second hand.
When i bought it, it came modded with Audi Drive Select. I didn't realise this and only found out after I got AdBlue popup on the dash and Audi had to reset the whole MMI and whatever else.

So i bought the Carista OBD adaptor and got the Audi Drive Select to work again allowing me to select Dynamic mode again.

The only issue i have now is that originally when i selected Dynamic mode, or started the car in Dynamic mode, it made this growl noise. Here is a video of the noise i am talking about:

it can be heard between 25 seconds - 30 seconds.

Does anyone know what this sound is called, what it is in the MMI or how to re-enable it?

Thanks

Last edited:
I wonder if you have an aftermarket "sound enhancer" like Kufatec fitted?
Russ

I don't believe it does have an aftermarket sound enhancer. I also don't think that it would be a sound enhancer as that would give the "fake v10" sound rather than the Growl that i am looking for.
When i enabled the ADS with my Carista OBD adapter it made that sound that can be heard in the video.

Cheers

I’m a bit confused by your video, as you say you’ve got a SQ5, but the video is showing an A5?

Sorry, I can’t help with your query though, as I have a Mk2 Q5 2.0 petrol, which hardly makes any noise lol!!

I wonder if you have an aftermarket "sound enhancer" like Kufatec fitted?
Russ

Agree, that's not the standard dynamic exhaust note.

I don't believe it does have an aftermarket sound enhancer. I also don't think that it would be a sound enhancer as that would give the "fake v10" sound rather than the Growl that i am looking for.
When i enabled the ADS with my Carista OBD adapter it made that sound that can be heard in the video.
Cheers

The kufatec in mine is fully adjustable so you can have it pretty much as loud or as quiet as you want with whatever sound effect you fancy. With 'uneven idle' switched on it growls.

The kufatec is about the size of a match box and is piggybacked off the active exhaust wiring loom under the boot floor, I'd have a look there to confirm if one's fitted and maybe switched off. There's a long wire with a small button which cycles between modes/sounds, it's designed to be fitted in the dash (have you checked for small hidden buttons?) but mine is coiled up behind the removable panel on the left of the boot.

Do you still have the standard dynamic exhaust note, ie does it change between 'sport' and 'drive'?

Can Carista enable Drive Select?? My Q2 doesn't have DS but would like it. Not seems the option on Carista to be honest.