Starting to plan Car after S3

i've already been thinking what next, used FL Ara Blue RS seems reasonable, next gen S3, either of which id prefer to be used.....would be at least a year after the new S3 drops when id start seeing some nice used black editions...
Surely you can think of a better colour than that ;-)

Reactions: Broonie22, Jassyo06 and MattSedg
Surely you can think of a better colour than that ;-)
either an RS3 in my identical spec to my S3, wouldnt mind a few additions such as pano and the standard RS options, or a floret one, identical to my S3 now.....:readit:

who knows what the future holds though

Reactions: Jassyo06 and TYb
As long as it doesn't have black roof rails it doesn't matter really on colour . ..

I'm joking.. I like the rails :p

Reactions: NevMan, TYb and MattSedg
As long as it doesn't have black roof rails it doesn't matter really on colour . ..

cant go wrong the the FULL black edition package :thumbs up:

Reactions: NevMan, Jassyo06, TYb and 1 other person

or...purple over anything, northampton audi have a merlin purple rs3, black styling but no roof rails, 47k been up for sale for a while now i think

Reactions: RS4B5 and Jassyo06
Tell you what I did see the other day and thought looked nice in the flesh!....(out to see if it's still on the camera), yes it is :)

Slowed it down so you can see :) Q2 Edition 1:

Only seen pictures before and it was a bit !!!, but it does look good when you see it:

Reactions: MattSedg
Tell you what I did see the other day and thought looked nice in the flesh!....(out to see if it's still on the camera), yes it is :)

Slowed it down so you can see :) Q2 Edition 1:

Only seen pictures before and it was a bit !!!, but it does look good when you see it:

They do stand out, especially in Ara!
Black edition q3s are nice too

I had one as a courtesy car, still undecided on the looks.. not seen many Q2s around though really.

Attachments

• IMG_20180111_093817.jpg
    IMG_20180111_093817.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 242
  • IMG_20180111_093804.jpg
    IMG_20180111_093804.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 235
They do stand out, especially in Ara!
Black edition q3s are nice too
Think the Q3 is getting replaced this year isn't it?

I had one as a courtesy car, still undecided on the looks.. not seen many Q2s around though really.
I think it's growing on me, I also like the look of the new VW T-roc

media

Reactions: MattSedg

media
Q2 looks nice when in top spec but have seen a few on the road which are awful looking. Yeh to see a T-roc, the interior is a bit shiny looking...

T-Roc looks good, had some on display near us. Yeah it's interior is not Audi but then it ain't crap either.

T-Roc looks good, had some on display near us. Yeah it's interior is not Audi but then it ain't **** either.
No not at all, from what I’ve seen the dash is colour coordinated with the paint work which is just a bit too much for me.

Think a lot of people are of the same opinion on here. Nothing really out there that people `Want`. I've just renewed my S3 warranty for a year, for this very reason. My car is far from exciting, but as I have no monthly payments to make, it makes sense to keep hold of it for a while.

Think a lot of people are of the same opinion on here. Nothing really out there that people `Want`. I've just renewed my S3 warranty for a year, for this very reason. My car is far from exciting, but as I have no monthly payments to make, it makes sense to keep hold of it for a while.
Not sure what it is for me, scratched my S3 itch and now I’m not all bothered what I get, definitely not taking te step towards an RS3 as do too many miles. A GTD or similar is looking likely for me.

If i was to change the S3 I would have no idea what to go for... the size for me is perfect so anything bigger doesn't make sense to me. RS3 yes of course but don't think I'll ever justify the cost and running costs, if I didn't do 10k+ miles a year then maybe... but still probably no ;)

I like the 3 series BMW but again the size, 1/2 series..meh
Golf, well maybe.. I had a GTD for a day before I bought my A3 but didn't like the ride comfort, wasn't too keen on the interior either. Though it has probably changed anyway since then.
Mercs.. nah ..
Fords .. not a fan of the interior, looks too cheap / chavvy generally for my taste.

Reactions: MattSedg and Broonie22
Basically if the interior is your main thing. You'll have to stick with Audi forever. See past that though and the options are plentiful :welcoming:

Reactions: S32B
Yeah they do have such a thing l could get one at cost price, Audi don't have a scheme at all, either that go back to Ford ie new Focus ST3
I think you would take very bad with the cheap interior of a Focus, even an ST, after your S3. That would be a deal breaker for me I am afraid.

Reactions: oli356
I think you would take very bad with the cheap interior of a Focus, even an ST, after your S3. That would be a deal breaker for me I am afraid.
Yup.. same for me. When driving you are inside the car after all, hands on wheel etc. it has to be a nice place to be...

Jassy doesn't move his car from the driveway though so does it matter ;)

Reactions: sgtvic, BarryG79 and Broonie22
If i was to change the S3 I would have no idea what to go for... the size for me is perfect so anything bigger doesn't make sense to me. RS3 yes of course but don't think I'll ever justify the cost and running costs, if I didn't do 10k+ miles a year then maybe... but still probably no ;)

I like the 3 series BMW but again the size, 1/2 series..meh
Golf, well maybe.. I had a GTD for a day before I bought my A3 but didn't like the ride comfort, wasn't too keen on the interior either. Though it has probably changed anyway since then.
Mercs.. nah ..
Fords .. not a fan of the interior, looks too cheap / chavvy generally for my taste.
Couldn’t agree more. I am far from bored with my S3 as I have only had it for 5 months. I like the shape of the 3 door and in a perfect world the boot and rear space would be a little bit more but I rarely have more than one passenger and the boot is only full about twice a year. It goes well in town, good size, easy to park and through traffic and also is very comfortable and quick on the motorway. So, for me it is a brilliant daily and I have no idea what I will be going for next but thankfully that is some time away. Could do with a bigger fuel tank though!

Reactions: oli356
Sounds like a lot of us in the same boat.

I would usually by now be actively looking ready to order in July / Aug for delivery March next year.

But nothing floating my boat ... & comfortable with the car I’m in.

My No.1 contender atm is a new platform S3 whenever they come out. As others have said, the S3 / RS3 is a perfect size for me too & very practical with it :icon thumright:

Reactions: NevMan, MattSedg, Jassyo06 and 3 others

media
Yeah it'll be all the end of the line, high spec q3s I've been seeing, 20"s and the lot

Personally having gone for a Tiguan, I'm now in that position of wanting to stay with the higher seating position. The only problem there is that the SUV type cars cost more than there normal equivalents. Thrown in the new cars coming with a slightly increased price tag, it's a lose lose situation :blownose:

I’d be looking at a used M4 or M2 if budget could stretch.

Reactions: RS4B5
Personally having gone for a Tiguan, I'm now in that position of wanting to stay with the higher seating position. The only problem there is that the SUV type cars cost more than there normal equivalents. Thrown in the new cars coming with a slightly increased price tag, it's a lose lose situation :blownose:
Loads out there mate, the new Volvo XC40 is also very nice as is the Mazda Cx5 and the Jag E-pace!

Or something rare and different 0-6 in 5.7!!! https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201709119175394

Reactions: RS4B5, BarryG79 and TYb
Sounds like a lot of us in the same boat.

I would usually by now be actively looking ready to order in July / Aug for delivery March next year.

But nothing floating my boat ... & comfortable with the car I’m in.

My No.1 contender atm is a new platform S3 whenever they come out. As others have said, the S3 / RS3 is a perfect size for me too & very practical with it :icon thumright:

Me too....With the exception of a mid life crisis Porsche I am struggling to think anything beyond sticking with my current S3, first time I have contemplated keeping a car for more 15-18 months for the last 4-5 cars

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Jassyo06 and Broonie22
Loads out there mate, the new Volvo XC40 is also very nice as is the Mazda Cx5 and the Jag E-pace!

Or something rare and different 0-6 in 5.7!!! https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201709119175394

Have looked at the XC60 too. Always considered the 40 as the next size down. ~Maybe the Tiguan R should that arrive or if the budget stretches then I'd be quite partial to the new X3 M40i (If that's the correct name). Mind you, think I've got 2 years or so to run yet. Shame how the planning starts straight away :wtf:

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, RS4B5 and S32B
Me too....With the exception of a mid life crisis Porsche I am struggling to think anything beyond sticking with my current S3, first time I have contemplated keeping a car for more 15-18 months for the last 4-5 cars

Just Bicycle change every year til ye see some car ye fancy......should keep ye occupied in the meantime lol

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Daveotto
Have looked at the XC60 too. Always considered the 40 as the next size down. ~Maybe the Tiguan R should that arrive or if the budget stretches then I'd be quite partial to the new X3 M40i (If that's the correct name). Mind you, think I've got 2 years or so to run yet. Shame how the planning starts straight away :wtf:

X3 M340i HAVE YOU SEEN THE PRICE OF THESE....**** me.....big heavy car,sound ****** awesome,look classy and the interior is class,the dashboard is straight out of the new 5 series.....too large a car for me but the new X2 is far the better looking car especially in Misano Blue with 20"s on it classy car indeed,Audi have there work cut out with new Q3.....but again it'll look so ****** boring l bet,with fake exhausts embedded into the rear bumper to save costs and by doing so they only need to design and build one plastic bumper for the full range...just look at the new Q5

Messaging1518185512180

Reactions: Broonie22 and Snake Pliskin
did see a youtube review on the X3 M40, the guy thought it was the mutts nuts. X2 looks nice but with the lower seating position, I can't really see where it fits in.

Reactions: RS4B5
Yup.. same for me. When driving you are inside the car after all, hands on wheel etc. it has to be a nice place to be...

Jassy doesn't move his car from the driveway though so does it matter ;)

l had a Focus ST3 before my 2 Audis mate,it would'nt bother at all planking my **** in the seat of one again albeit the new version for far less money
Capcom

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and TYb
did see a youtube review on the X3 M40, the guy thought it was the mutts nuts. X2 looks nice but with the lower seating position, I can't really see where it fits in.

Yeah Joe Achilles had that fully loaded demo in his video....but that car was £54k....but l would have it all day long before a SQ5

I have driven the X2 Its driving position is much like driving a BMW Coupe because of its low driving position,good looking car and it will sell solely because of its looks,now l think somebody mentioned the Jag E-pace....in a post...lol the slowest heaviest SUV ever made its as heavy as a F Pace...... cant understand why it nearly weighs 2 tonnes

did see a youtube review on the X3 M40, the guy thought it was the mutts nuts. X2 looks nice but with the lower seating position, I can't really see where it fits in.[/
X3 M340i HAVE YOU SEEN THE PRICE OF THESE....**** me.....big heavy car,sound ****** awesome,look classy and the interior is class,the dashboard is straight out of the new 5 series.....too large a car for me but the new X2 is far the better looking car especially in Misano Blue with 20"s on it classy car indeed,Audi have there work cut out with new Q3.....but again it'll look so ****** boring l bet,with fake exhausts embedded into the rear bumper to save costs and by doing so they only need to design and build one plastic bumper for the full range...just look at the new Q5

View attachment 152644
The fake exhausts are terrible. Makes me appreciate the quad pipes of the s3 all the more. I know it is to do with money but surely Audi can do better than that. It is the same when manufacturers create artificial exhaust noise through the speakers. Awful.

Reactions: Jassyo06
l had a Focus ST3 before my 2 Audis mate,it would'nt bother at all planking my **** in the seat of one again albeit the new version for far less moneyView attachment 152645

Give me some of those recaros any day.

Yeah Joe Achilles had that fully loaded demo in his video....but that car was £54k....but l would have it all day long before a SQ5

Think the base price is the same. Yes, I've looked and driven the SQ5. A bit Meh really. Theres an older 15 plate near us, looks more purposeful than these new ones.

Your car won't depreciatiate much more over the next year, so it makes sense to hold on to it

View attachment 152644
I know the X2 won’t be eveybodies taste but I think these look really good in the M sport kit, looks like they are reasonably ish priced as well.

The fake exhausts look dreadful, it’s even the same for the SQ5 I think.

Last edited:
20% off a Merc SLC 43 brings it in at Ca.£39K and is very tempting

2018 SLC 43AMG ROADSTER 036 MCFO
16c283 032

Reactions: Snake Pliskin